Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

I been seeing speculation on social media that Glenn Murray is coming back...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Is there any substance to this? Or more accurately, any news from our many sources on such a move?

Would it be even possible, and i guess more relevantly, would he be willing to do it and would we accept him?

Isn't this just from Football Rumours? ???

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Is there any substance to this? Or more accurately, any news from our many sources on such a move?

The sole source for this is
[tweet]491325093260562434[/tweet]

This account is a relatively new transfer account that confirms already widely known stories (eg: Ulloa) or tweets speculative hunches like Murray. I'm 99% certain its just someone doing it for fun. For example see the most well know example of how these accounts operate...
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ooled-world-transfer-rumours-LIVING-ROOM.html

Of course fans want to believe the Murray rumour so it gets picked up further
[tweet]491328026144432128[/tweet]

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
As much I am sure he could do a job, so can any number of players with his ability. His age and injury history would denote to me we should only be interested if he was free. I would be disappointed if we spent a decent chunk of a well earned transfer fee and gave it Palace on a 31 year striker.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
Yes please! All together now.

There's only one Glen Murray
There's only one Glen Murray
He played for the shite
But now he's alright
Walking in a Murray wonderland.

Too soon?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
TRANSFER CENTRAL posted that tweet 21:53.........

And [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] posted this at 17:53 on Football Rumours

21 Jul 2014 17:53:59
Brighton are in tentative talks with Crystal Palace regarding taking Glenn Murray back on a permanent deal. The stumbling block appears to be both clubs valuation of the player are still miles apart.

Source: A work colleague knows his agent well.

Bens-Grandad

Wonder where TRANSFER CENTRAL gets his info from? ???

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
It came from a member of the board at the time of the transfer so I'm not going on what I read on here.
Since then I've heard the GM's father-in-law tells a similar story.

Must be a fact then. Cause I heard Tony B say publically that to keep Murray would have broken the wage structure, but I suspect he was lying eh!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
He left us to join our rivals.. And then fired them into the Premiership.

I don't want to see him in a Brighton shirt again tbh, :shrug:

D

Deleted User X18H

Why? Why would Glenn Murray leave Premier League, Palace to drop back down to the Championship?
Why?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
It came from a member of the board at the time of the transfer so I'm not going on what I read on here.
Since then I've heard the GM's father-in-law tells a similar story.

The explanation for this, was that at the time, there were two separate budgets, one for transfers and one for wages. Poyet is supposed to have pushed to get this consolidated into a single budget. Hence at the time we were able to spend big on transfer fees, but not commit on wages. The truth is likely to be a combination of the two, for example if Poyet had chosen to push hard to get this policy changed before the Murray move, would it have made a difference ?

D

Deleted User X18H

Isn't he under contract to Palace until 2016 anyway . I tell how this started some bozo has noticed he lives in Brighton and probably thinks he has probably just moved here .

Fact!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here