Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] We need a new derogatory term for those gimps that sprint out of the Amex

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
There's a few precious responses already I see :lolol:

I run because...
I leave early because... :yawn:

I've GUMPED it before, I can see the funny side and concede I probably looked a prat doing it.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don't mind the early leavers who sprint out of the Amex, it's the ones coming down the steps, on their way out, that think we're mounting an attack, so stop right in front of me, thus blocking my view.
This happened twice on Saturday, between 80 and 93 minutes. I politely shout Excuse Me, but I might start taking my umbrella with a pointed end and poke them in future!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Albion fans? :shrug:

Maybe we should come up with a term for those who feel the need to start threads and obsess over people who – for WHATEVER reason – leave games early?

Jan 30, 2008
I don't mind the early leavers who sprint out of the Amex, it's the ones coming down the steps, on their way out, that think we're mounting an attack, so stop right in front of me, thus blocking my view.
This happened twice on Saturday, between 80 and 93 minutes. I politely shout Excuse Me, but I might start taking my umbrella with a pointed end and poke them in future!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQFu9Ztezlg BE SCARED VERY SCARED ???
regards
DR

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They’re on their way they’re on the their way
To the buses n trains they’re on their way
How they get there we don’t care
When they get ther they so care
But the leavers are on their way

D

Deleted member 2719

Gumping is the only way to leave.

It has to be done. :cool:

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Jolly Go Earlies

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Surely the most common Gumpers are those who wait for the final whistle and then sprint out to get to Trains and busses, The Early leavers don't have to Gump it to get the queues.

On evening games I have been known to get my Gump on. Not weekends though.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Gumping is the only way to leave.

It has to be done. :cool:

They should put a running track round the Amex, eight lanes, staggered start, those furthest from the train station - south end of the ground - get channeled into the inside lanes, the North and West the outside lanes.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Hmmm... do we also need a term of those who have nothing/no-one to rush home for?

D

Deleted member 2719

They should put a running track round the Amex, eight lanes, staggered start, those furthest from the train station - south end of the ground - get channeled into the inside lanes, the North and West the outside lanes.

Sounds a great idea, started on the refs final whistle.

I suppose there could be a bit of this though!

200wUT5ZC80L.gif

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone watching me gump would soon work out it needs to be renamed wheezer.
Although, ironically, when I was a teenage dirtbag I could gump for miles.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hmmm... do we also need a term of those who have nothing/no-one to rush home for?

Friends? Those you stop to have a drink with, before going home to a lovely chicken casserole, which has been simmering in the slow cooker all afternoon.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Because they have no sense of personal dignity?

Or they need to get on the 17.15 for a connecting train for their 250 mile journey home[emoji106][emoji106]
And my mate stays til the final whistle and then legs it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here