Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
jim-carrey-yes-gif.gif:thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Birmingham fans really liked him
How can anyone NOT like him? He's possibly the nicest bloke in football.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
Great news for the financial stability for him and his family and great news for us as supporters showing the clubs intentions and planning for the future.
I don't think that Sir Chris needs to worry about money, given his successful career to date. I wonder how much he is paid, 900k per annum, plus many performance bonuses, or am I way off scale?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I don't think that Sir Chris needs to worry about money, given his successful career to date. I wonder how much he is paid, 900k per annum, plus many performance bonuses, or am I way off scale?

£525k according to the Daily Express.

Hodgson supposedly on £2.5m.

Alan Pardew and Paul Lambert both on £2m allegedly.

The genius at Bournemouth on £500k...

You therefore wouldn't be surprised if this deal propels him into the 7 figure range.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
giphy.gif

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Great news and well deserved. 1,3,5 year deal doesn't make much difference, as we all know what happens on a poor run. This deal shows that Chris and the board are happy to take the club forward for the near future.

probably makes a lot of difference to him. big pay rise.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
But what about his over the top celebrations,,, triple fist pumps its madness.. Bloom is obviously scared of him.... Does nobody here think of the children...

There may well be a 'good behaviour' clause in his new contract. Any outrageous touchline antics, and he gets docked pay. I hope so anyway - we can't have this sort of thing continuing for ever.

tiberious

Nov 3, 2009
The earth
There may well be a 'good behaviour' clause in his new contract. Any outrageous touchline antics, and he gets docked pay. I hope so anyway - we can't have this sort of thing continuing for ever.

I hope so Bodian I hope so.... or else we will be the laughing stock of football...

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
Very happy about this - sensible manager, sensible owner. Hughton seems a very honest man including about his own performance.

My worry is that at some point a change of approach many be needed . I do feel that as a supporter I have a very good idea of the tactics that we will employ in any given game - so I suspect that opposition managers should be able to do the same. So the challenge just becomes dealing with our approach. Whenever we won the pundit view seemed to be "Take nothing away from Brighton but blahblah were woeful!" (For BlahBlah read Arsenal, Man U, Hammers, Baggies, Newcastle, whoever really)

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
:rave: :clap2: Fantastic news. Same applies next season as this. I want him to stay even if it looks like we going to get relegated. His record for getting team out of the championship is very good, why let someone else get that experience.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here