Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Match day ticket

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Have just had a call from relative who asked if by chance if I could get a ticket. I looked it up and he declined when I said 2 available one at 55 and other 60. I know it is Man Utd but that is a hell of a price to watch a game of football. Where does it end for what used to be a working mans sport.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Same price as all the other category A games this season isn't it? Or is this cat A with a Man U surcharge?

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Have just had a call from relative who asked if by chance if I could get a ticket. I looked it up and he declined when I said 2 available one at 55 and other 60. I know it is Man Utd but that is a hell of a price to watch a game of football. Where does it end for what used to be a working mans sport.

I think that word is the clue there.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Yeah £55 is the normal Cat A price, I paid that for a Ticket to see Spurs the night before the game. I think it's going up as well next season? Might be wrong on that one.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I guess fans have been paying nearly as much as this for about 7 years so it should come as no surprise for someone who’s decided on the day of the match that they want a ticket for a PL match against MAN UNITED

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I guess fans have been paying nearly as much as this for about 7 years so it should come as no surprise for someone who’s decided on the day of the match that they want a ticket for a PL match against MAN UNITED

This.

Typical JCL. Probably hasn't so much as looked up a result all season, but then as soon as Jose and the boys rock up its all "ooh...can you get us a ticket ?". :rolleyes:

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
My season ticket works out at £38.42 per game next season. There's no cheap way to watch Premier League football.

SAC

May 21, 2014
My season ticket works out at £38.42 per game next season. There's no cheap way to watch Premier League football.

Unless you live in Huddersfield (from £13.63 per match). Although that's likely to be Championship football next season.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Plenty of working men and women have been there all season. Cherry pickers can either go **** themselves or pay the muppet rate.

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003

Yeah, welcome to the modern world. I DO sympathise, I've banged on about high ticket prices many many times on here in the past, but that was when we weren't selling out the ground and it made sense (to me) to try and look at reducing prices in order to boost the crowd and bring in new fans. That argument simply doesn't apply any more; indeed the club could probably add £10 to individual match day tickets (especially for big clubs like Man U) and demand would still outstrip supply.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Yeah, welcome to the modern world. I DO sympathise, I've banged on about high ticket prices many many times on here in the past, but that was when we weren't selling out the ground and it made sense (to me) to try and look at reducing prices in order to boost the crowd and bring in new fans. That argument simply doesn't apply any more; indeed the club could probably add £10 to individual match day tickets (especially for big clubs like Man U) and demand would still outstrip supply.

Shhhhhh

Don't go giving Barber IDEAS

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Appreciate comments on here are tongue in cheek but I do sympathise with those that cant afford it. The person I referred to before he got married and had a baby, had a ST but now cannot justify cost.
On the comment that it is now right for the club to charge these prices because demand outstrips supply I think is also wrong. With income up by 100/120 m I think there is even less of a justification and throughout PL should be less. When we played Palace in cup and tickets were 15 several people near us said they were there for that game because they couldnt normally afford to go.
I am fortunate have no problem buying a ST but the fact is and I know it is life, it is out of reach of so many which I think is a great pity.

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I'm afraid that's the price you pay today. All clubs now are seeking out the more middle class affluent customers who won't just buy a match ticket, but food, drink, programme, merch etc as well. We all have to subsidise the poor players wages too.

How do they cope on as little as £20,000 a week? As one poster said earlier, it USED to be a working class man's sport. Times have changed. Who would have thought you'd have to pay £12 just to enter the family bar?

I'm all for clubs trying to make as much as they can, but I got left behind years ago. I remember paying £1 in the old Division One!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Plenty of working men and women have been there all season. Cherry pickers can either go **** themselves or pay the muppet rate.

Cherry pickers are one thing but some of us work rolling shift patterns or at least some weekends, meaning a season ticket isn't a viable option. Appreciate that you're not talking about us anyway :)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here