Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your Part in History, Gone!

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
heres the real kick in the teeth,
they get a framed certificate in a presentation box, we got a certificate in a brown envelope.[
/QUOTE]
Personally i'd prefer the brown envelope. The presentation box would just become clutter creating all sorts of storage issues and would ultimately become an unwanted burden. As for the frame that would only be useful if you wanted to display the thing on your wall which if you give any consideration to the aesthetics of your interior design you obviously wouldn't want to. Personally, I think you got the much better deal.

Hamilton

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I didn't get anything at the time. I don't propose to apply for a stone/tile now.

If you were involved in any way in saving the club, then you know and you can see the fruits of your efforts every time you go to the Amex. That should be enough.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
What’s worse is the snipey attitude of some our support who jump on the band wagon just to have a pop at someone. The forum is here so people can air their views and sometimes that involves gripes about the club. There are plenty of threads about the club overcharging or taking the p1ss, and whether they’re right or wrong everyone has a right to put their grievances out there especially if they’ve paid for something. I find it an ironic suggestion from some of the responses that suggest the OP should get over himself. If you don’t like people having a moan, what on earth are you doing on a fans football forum?

Starting a thread is always risky. I try never to do it now because law of probability is that when you post an opinion then 50% of people will punch you in the eye for it and 50% will pat you on the back for it.

If more than 50% of people punch you in the eye then in all probability your views and your post do not concur with public opinion and in those instances maybe best to think before you speak.

After a few punches in the eye, I have learned to either duck or at 5ft 8 and 11stone, you just don't get into the ring with Mike Tyson

Starting a thread is always risky. I try never to do it now because law of probability is that when you post an opinion then 50% of people will punch you in the eye for it and 50% will pat you on the back for it.

If more than 50% of people punch you in the eye then in all probability your views and your post do not concur with public opinion and in those instances maybe best to think before you speak.

After a few punches in the eye, I have learned to either duck or at 5ft 8 and 11stone, you just don't get into the ring with Mike Tyson

50% against 50% for i'd take those numbers!

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
First of all I'd just like to clarify as I may not have worded it very well.
The stones/tiles are there to mark the opening of the stadium and should
be left that way, that's my opinion and it does mean that the reason for them being there will be lost.
It has nothing to do with memorial tiles as so many of you pointed out, they rightfully have a place on the wall & this was a great edition by the club.
For those of you that have labeled me a JCL or many other things, you're also are entitled to your opinion, as I was with mine, right or wrong.

On a brighter note, we welcomed our 400th member in to the Seagulls Downunder family this week, remarkable when I think back about it. 6 years ago I was just trying to get a few guys together to watch the occasional live match.
No doubt someone will put their negative spin on that but I wouldn't bother yourselves, I won't be coming back to read it.
If you're going Friday night, enjoy, we'll be setting our alarm clocks early across Australia & New Zealand.
My opinion for what it's worth a close fought 2-1 victory.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
As far as I knew, the Heritage stones were never there, just to mark the opening of the stadium. Some were given, free of charge, to those who donated to the Alive and Kicking fund, in thanks. As I said, earlier in the thread, the original idea was to have a named seat, but then was amended to a tile.
Others were bought when the stadium opened, but there's no distinction between the two. Stones/tiles were being added for quite a while after the stadium opened, hence why they go up the ramp and around the corner.
They were reissued, because the first set of stones were poor quality, and once the black tiles were in place, lots more were bought and placed.

Maybe you misunderstood the purpose of them?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
First of all I'd just like to clarify as I may not have worded it very well.
The stones/tiles are there to mark the opening of the stadium and should
be left that way, that's my opinion and it does mean that the reason for them being there will be lost.
It has nothing to do with memorial tiles as so many of you pointed out, they rightfully have a place on the wall & this was a great edition by the club.
For those of you that have labeled me a JCL or many other things, you're also are entitled to your opinion, as I was with mine, right or wrong.

On a brighter note, we welcomed our 400th member in to the Seagulls Downunder family this week, remarkable when I think back about it. 6 years ago I was just trying to get a few guys together to watch the occasional live match.
No doubt someone will put their negative spin on that but I wouldn't bother yourselves, I won't be coming back to read it.
If you're going Friday night, enjoy, we'll be setting our alarm clocks early across Australia & New Zealand.
My opinion for what it's worth a close fought 2-1 victory.

Yet a big part of your complaint seemed to be that new purchasers got the presentation box and frame but you omitted the key point that the extra you made sound like a freebie was actually an option that would cost new purchasers £19

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here