Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Chris Hughton nth Longest Serving Manager in the English League

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
CH is currently the 20th longest serving manager in the top 4 divisions and 3rd in the Championship behind Grayson @ Preston and McCarthy @ Ipswich

So CH has now reached the bottom of the Premier League in terms of length of service. Great - but also frightening that 2 years and 3 days gets you into the big league of long-serving names.
Never been under threat of course, but I hope that he stays regardless of future ups and downs - and people remember the remarkable times we are living in now. I didn't think it was possible to be truly competitive with a strike force of Hemed, Baldock and Murray with Manu as back up. CH has managed to produce a squad so spirited and classy without the emergency striker we all thought we needed in August.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Justin Edinburgh second SACKING of 2017

One a day so far this year

I'm not too unhappy about his sacking-gobshite tw@t.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
CH is currently the 20th longest serving manager in the top 4 divisions and 3rd in the Championship behind Grayson @ Preston and McCarthy @ Ipswich

5 days later and it really is 19th out of 92 for CH with Steve Davies sacked at Crewe after 6 years as manager.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Danny Wilson also sacked by Chesterfield today (although that doesn't impact Hughton's ranking). I think that's five managers sacked in eight days this year now!

Appointed Chesterfield manager Christmas Eve 2015 so before CH and like magic he is indeed up to 18th after only 2 years and 8 days! Utter madness. :nono:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
CH is the 20th longest serving manager - third longest in The Championship:

Managers.JPG

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Huh, didn't realise Mick had been at Ipswich that long. Thought he has joined them just before Hughton joined us.

Whose most a risk of those above, Howe could get poached? Stoke have been on a indifferent run under Hughes?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Huh, didn't realise Mick had been at Ipswich that long. Thought he has joined them just before Hughton joined us.

Whose most a risk of those above, Howe could get poached? Stoke have been on a indifferent run under Hughes?

I know a family of Ipswich supporters and the natives are getting restless. One of them posted Get out of our club Mick, only yesterday following their match against Lincoln.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here