Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Realistic signings in January

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Apparently he's looking for a new club - but how bizarre would that be...BZ last year, Glenda this year and then Ulloa???

Sure would be. What is also funny is certain posters were going mental on here a year or 2 ago because people kept suggesting those names - posts like 'why are people so obsessed with getting ex-players back it isn't happening blah blah blah' - I appreciate it did get a bit tiresome but the fact is, if a player played for us before, they are more likely to come back than a random player would. I bet Ulloa would love to come back to BHA - he loved it here. My outside chance prediction is he will next season.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
What if Chelsea were to cancel Tammy Abraham's loan at Bristol City and send him here instead?

Can that actually happen under the new rules? I know Bloom/Barber said Murray cannot be recalled but does it just depend on the terms of the loan? Are you writing that with any inside knowledge too I wonder...?

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Now look what you've done.

All I want is for the Albion to sign Real Betis' dutch centre half Ryan Donk.

"Donk to Dunk, back to Donk, Dunk again, quick pass to Donk...

...hours of fun.
If Mr Crosby was still alive... can you imagine... Bing to Bong, Bong back to Bing... to Dunk back to Donk.... Donk to Dunk etc., etc., etc!!!

KingstonSeagull

May 1, 2013
Shoreditch
Both him and Ronaldo were about to sign but they wanted assurances they would get a game which we couldn't give them with Knockeart and Murphy being in the squad

Makes sense... I think we need Peter Shilton inbetween the sticks... If there is any dosh left over get Chrissy Waddle in...

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
I have watched Matty Taylor at Bristol Rovers a few times. 28 goals last season and 16 already this shows he has stepped up Leagues no problem. Might be ideal backup/replacement for Baldock.

I'd certaily be happy with Robbie Keane but isn't he a free agent and therefore we wouldn't need to wait for the window? If that's true (which it may well not be) then the fact that we haven't already signed him shirley means he's not coming?

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
My point is that because we cant give him away do we nit bring somebody else in or do we just let him rot in the U23s and write him off or do we continue with him and hope.

That's three choices, you seem to be suggesting as first one that we 'might decide 'nit bring somebody else in' as a binary choice, I.e. we can't give him away so that precludes another signing. That is clearly absurd, and contrary to the body language of TB at Bristol FF.

Your second and third options equally have nothing to do with whether we sign anyone else. Letting him rot or persevere are again not binary. He has firstly to impress in training, then get a sub appearance, then become first choice. That's how it is for Goldson. Maenpaa, Towell, Kayal and March post injury, etc etc. Sort of how it works in a football club.....Manu's problem is that he has failed to do this over 16 months, and signs are not promising that he ever will.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
Has anyone seen Matty Taylor play?

Yes, several times at Memorial Ground. He is quick and intelligent. Can be out of a game for a while then pops up right place right time. Sort of player you always think might give you something. I was amazed Rovers got him to sign a new contract last summer, thought he would be snapped up by Championship or top League One side then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here