Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frank Lampard - We are 2/1 favourites to be his next club

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
New England manager Gareth Southgate is reportedly preparing to name former Three Lions teammate Frank Lampard as a member of his backroom staff.

Lampard, who picked up 106 international caps, recently confirmed that he has left MLS side New York City and is thought to be preparing for a move into management.
According to the Daily Star, Southgate is keen to bring the 38-year-old into the national setup as he prepares for the World Cup in Russia in 2018.
The newspaper claims that Lampard is still "pondering his future" but is "keen to work alongside Southgate" after their five years together as England players.
News of the potential appointment comes a day after Southgate confirmed the departure of assistant manager Sammy Lee.

makes sense.

**End of Thread**

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Wouldn't surprise me if he signed.

Would enable Richie Towell to go out on loan to get games, and Rohan Ince to concentrate on his February court appearance.
Towell is getting games... and doing well... I think he needs a chance.. v good player

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
And the fact he was injured for the last 4 weeks of the MLS season might have had something to do with his not playing.

Why would anyone not want one of the best midfielders to have ever played Premier league football?

Ryan Giggs played into his 40's. Frank could definately do a job for us.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Remember when Robbie Savage came on holiday to BHA for a few months? So do I.

Yup. That was ludicrous. we don't need Fat Frank in any shape or form. Why doesn't he just piss orf to China for his last pay day, maybe work on the Gus Bus under the jurisdiction of 'English Analyst' Charlie Oatway. seems to me like they all deserve each other.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I was shocked at how quickly Steven Gerrard went downhill after joining the MLS. If it's happened to Frank too, that's scary!

Wasn't Defoe a bit PONY in the MLS? Now he's scoring goals for fun at Sunderland. The MLS is just a big payday to most of these players. None of them give that much of a sh*t about their team, so you can understand them going off the boil.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Wasn't Defoe a bit PONY in the MLS? Now he's scoring goals for fun at Sunderland. The MLS is just a big payday to most of these players. None of them give that much of a sh*t about their team, so you can understand them going off the boil.

To be honest, as we're now apparently being linked with old-timers last pay-days, I'd be WELL in favour of shipping in Henrik Larsson and Kenny Miller and shipping out Hemed and Baldock. :wave:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Yup. That was ludicrous. we don't need Fat Frank in any shape or form. Why doesn't he just piss orf to China for his last pay day, maybe work on the Gus Bus under the jurisdiction of 'English Analyst' Charlie Oatway. seems to me like they all deserve each other.

Exactly what has Frank lamp arduous done to earn your ire.judging by this post?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Superb footballer. Would be an exceptional signing for us to help us over the line.
Frankly (*snigger*) anyone who ignores his record is allowing personal bias to more than cloud their judgement.

That said I suspect that the prospects of him "doing a Bobby Z" and playing on anywhere are remote. The chances of him playing for us are as close to zilch as you're likely to get.
:shrug:

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
whats the odds on not signed by anyone by the end of the window? thats the most likley scenario for 38yo.

Must admit that I'm amazed that Ryan Lowe is 38. He's scored eight goals in 24 appearances for Crewe this season and League One Bury want to re-sign him as player-coach.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here