Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nathan to Gillingham?

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Always got a soft spot for Peter Taylor, will never forget him giving a pre-match team talk to the REMF squad before a game at Sarfwick, probably the highlight of my sporting life. Shockingly short man.
did he do his impersonation of Norman Wisdom?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Jones not quoted, 33/1 bar.

Screen Shot 2014-12-31 at 12.54.51.png

http://www.oddschecker.com/football/football-specials/gillingham/next-permanent-manager

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Bloody hell there's some shite managers on that list. Makes me a bit happier that we've got Hughton now.

You're right but the list makes me think NJ would not have been that bad a choice either but coming down from the Fulham result, I have to say, well done to Bloom.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I would very much like to see Nathan Jones stay - he will have been disappointed not to have got the job but hopefully the club will treat him in the right way and persuade him to hang on. (Although its record for treating its hard-working servants well is patchy at best.) However, he is so completely focused that he would have no problems taking on a League One or Two club.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I wonder if he could end up at Yeovil should Johnson get the chop. I think he'd find that a tough one to turn down.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I wonder if he could end up at Yeovil should Johnson get the chop. I think he'd find that a tough one to turn down.

This could be a good shout. Woevil must soon be after a freshen up. Did he blot his copybook when he was last there, does anyone know ?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
More like Millen at Palace - forever the bridesmaid, which won't keep his ambitions sated.

Would hope Millen is as successful as Jones, still haven't forgotten his clanger against Arsenal earlier this season when he didn't sub Puncheon and he got a second yellow and Arsenal got the winner in injury time. I could see it coming but Millie didn't..

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No chance whatsoever he’ll be leaving. Look at his Fulham post match interview again. He dodged the question like he already knew that someone else was almost certainly signed up. Not a smirk or anything. I’d be astonished if he leaves now.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Chris Kamara tweeted that Hughton told him he'd got the job on Sunday and he'd (Kammy) struggled to keep quiet about it.

Wonder if NJ knew Hughton would be appointed before the Fulham game? Or is that being optimistic about the board's communication capabilities?
So just to summarise, Hughton got the job on Sunday and even after the game on Monday Paul Barber was saying that Nathan Jones was in the running?

stripeyshark

All-Time Best Defence
Dec 20, 2011
If I was Paul Scally I would consider Paul Ince if only to disprove the rasict allegations against them by carthorse McGammon.

I wouldn't. Because they'd have to sack Ince eventually and he'd play the race card aswell. And there are far better managers available.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Nathan Jones will be the next manager of Yeovil Town.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
Just heard on Radio 5 that Gillingham with a hard G have sacked their manager Peter Taylor! What an incredible coincidence. What league are the Dorset team in anyway?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here