Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Season ticket questions

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've learnt the hard way: never buy a concessionary ticket for u21 or senior.

It's a good point. Buy a ticket for an imaginary 22-year-old and then you have 43 years of worry-free sharing as I've not heard of a single case where a child has been stopped entering with an adult ticket.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Do U21 and 65+ have the same turnstile activation lights?

I believe so, any concession shows a different colour light - either red or amber I think

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I've not heard of a single case where a child has been stopped entering with an adult ticket.

Very true ... while me and Mrs Rat are "over here" one of our tickets is regularly used by a child.

Hadn't thought about going to senior (which I will do in 3 years time) ... I'd been looking forward to a price reduction but not the limitations. I'm a bit stuck now as the club have my DOB ... unless I can find a way to reinvent myself

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Very true ... while me and Mrs Rat are "over here" one of our tickets is regularly used by a child.

Hadn't thought about going to senior (which I will do in 3 years time) ... I'd been looking forward to a price reduction but not the limitations. I'm a bit stuck now as the club have my DOB ... unless I can find a way to reinvent myself
Get your 'younger self' on the waiting list. You'll possibly need to use a 2nd bank account if paying by dd.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
My brother will go from a U18 ticket to U21 next season but it is likely he will go away to Uni so won't be able to make all the games .

It's sometime since my son was at university so I'm not too sure on term dates, but have you worked out how many games will actually be missed.

But assuming new student term would start last week in September so on 2017/8 fixtures

3 home league games available

Break mid December to first week in January

3 home league games available

Break end of January first week in February

1 home league game available

Break end of March first week in April

2 home league games available

So 9 games to attend plus the 6 games you can upgrade for, means 4 games where the seat will be empty.

Not sure if moving to WSL centre where concessions don't apply will be viable given the much higher ticket price which will be £810 x 2.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Where is he going to uni? I only missed a couple whilst in Nottingham . Terms are short and holidays long.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Our family have three tickets which for the first time will all be adult next season.....We all are keen supporters but none of us has made every game this season ... However All tickets have been used for every game by family or friends.
If this, allowing friends or family to use tickets is not allowed we would have to think hard about renewing!

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
It's a good point. Buy a ticket for an imaginary 22-year-old and then you have 43 years of worry-free sharing as I've not heard of a single case where a child has been stopped entering with an adult ticket.

Careful what you wish for [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION]

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Slightly off topic: Does anybody here know when is the latest time you can get into the stadium on match days? There’s a possibility I’ll only be able to make the second half on Saturday and I wasn’t sure if I’d still be able to gain access.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
My brother will go from a U18 ticket to U21 next season but it is likely he will go away to Uni so won't be able to make all the games .

1) Is there a limit to the amount of times you can upgrade the ticket to an Adult ?

2) If so, could we get an Adult season ticket instead or would that count as transferring the season ticket ?

Do you look close to 21?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Slightly off topic: Does anybody here know when is the latest time you can get into the stadium on match days? There’s a possibility I’ll only be able to make the second half on Saturday and I wasn’t sure if I’d still be able to gain access.
They don't like letting you in after the 2nd half has started.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

You could always 'correct' your DOB with them.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Our family have three tickets which for the first time will all be adult next season.....We all are keen supporters but none of us has made every game this season ... However All tickets have been used for every game by family or friends.
If this, allowing friends or family to use tickets is not allowed we would have to think hard about renewing!

Whisper it quietly. Barber is watching.

And don’t ever say you transfer money between you and the person using the ticket.

Until photo ID is added to the season ticket cards (can’t be long away the way the club have acted this season), then I can’t see how they could police it anyway.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
difficult one for club and supporter. I assume as we have never had a waiting list before its obvious the majority are there to watch Premier football rather then support Albion. I think club should be carefull with there restrictions and consider it is unreasonable for a long term supporter to be expected to go on there own if there friend or family member can no longer go. As long as another friend is on list they should be able to get the ticket. Because of rules there now must be loads of people using other peoples ST that can no longer go but cant say anything because will mean sitting on own. I know someone who has moved away but maintained his DD to club. A friend has taken it over and pays DD to him. What a round about way to do it just to ensure his relative he went with doesnt go on his own.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Photo ID

They will never bring these in. If they do think club will have underestimated how many share or pass on tickets. Think the club is over the top with tickets and should count themselves lucky they have sell outs every game without trying to make further money from tickets on top. Sorry club but if I found myself unable to go to a game I would I would pass on to a friend. Friend knowing i had paid good money for ticket would offer to pay. Of course I would refuse.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
1251722468_44.gif

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here