Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
No damage to the thousands of British companies that export and are enjoying boom times. Long may it continue.

You mean booming whilst they can still employ who they want from Europe and trade freely with Europe? Stick a small tariff on the cost and the ball-ache of customs and it’s a very different story.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
You mean booming whilst they can still employ who they want from Europe and trade freely with Europe? Stick a small tariff on the cost and the ball-ache of customs and it’s a very different story.

Small tariff and Nissan will be swapping Sunderland for Slovakia

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Small tariff and Nissan will be swapping Sunderland for Slovakia

And let’s not forget this is more assembly, not full manufacture. A lot of the parts come from mainland Europe. You don’t need to be Nostradamus to see how this will pan out if there’s no customs union and a tariff.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
And let’s not forget this is more assembly, not full manufacture. A lot of the parts come from mainland Europe. You don’t need to be Nostradamus to see how this will pan out if there’s no customs union and a tariff.

Don't worry, Boris is going to explain it all today.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
People still take this dickhead seriously? Pfft no wonder the county's ****ed

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
I, too, eagerly await BJ's (great initials) speech. I predict it will be mightily short on details - he is not a man with a plan for anything else other than his own promotion - but very long on bluster. He's taken on the mantle of The Man Who Will Unite The Country - pretty ironic when you think that he has done more than his share of dividing it in the first place. However nature abhors a vacuum and at least Boris had a Brexit vision and can put words together, two qualities singularly lacking in his (current) boss who will be watching the ghastly spectacle with gritted teeth - as will many of us though for different reasons.
(In Boris's head this is a reprise of Churchill's 'fight them on the beaches' speech.)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
People still take this dickhead seriously?

No, they don’t. Only an idiot will listen to anything this self-serving and heavily divisive person says. Which makes it even more bizarre they’ve chosen him to try and convince the public to unite on this. The genie is out of the bottle, it’s too late to try and close the massive rift within the country.

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
No, they don’t. Only an idiot will listen to anything this self-serving and heavily divisive person says. Which makes it even more bizarre they’ve chosen him to try and convince the public to unite on this. The genie is out of the bottle, it’s too late to try and close the massive rift within the country.

I don't like talking about people being stupid but anyone who believes anything that this utterly self-serving charlatan says about serving the interests of the majority of the British people exposes themselves to justifiable ridicule. Any political leader pushing him to the front as the face of reason and reconciliation shows how poor their judgement is.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

Never before has the export market for these foreign owned British assembled cars been so critical, local demand is on its knees

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't like talking about people being stupid but anyone who believes anything that this utterly self-serving charlatan says about serving the interests of the majority of the British people exposes themselves to justifiable ridicule. Any political leader pushing him to the front as the face of reason and reconciliation shows how poor their judgement is.

Agree. The pertinent word in your post is reconciliation. As I’ve said, he is divisive within his own party so how anyone can believe he can unite a nation is beyond me. He’s going to divide the nation even further. If he or Moog ever became PM I’d move back home just so I could leave a second time.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Never before has the export market for these foreign owned British assembled cars been so critical, local demand is on its knees

Unless of course they get a huge sweetner from the tax paying public. It worked for those crack pots in Northern Ireland. I guess the bungs will run out at some point though.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Blimey keep calm I only asked what positives have we seen since the Referndum

I'll give you a positive once we LEAVE ( it's rather pointless suggesting a positive before then as nothing has actually changed - i.e. we're still in the EU ).

Animal welfare - for example, we'll be able to ban the import of Foie Gras once out of the EU. We can't do that at the moment. Or indeed live animal exports / imports.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Unless of course they get a huge sweetner from the tax paying public. It worked for those crack pots in Northern Ireland. I guess the bungs will run out at some point though.

I think the conversation to the Japs has gone, even if we go on WTO UK gov will make up the difference. Of course, Honda, Jaguar, BMW, Airbus, Siemens.....will all want the same. A lot of jobs in places like West Mids, Hull, Sunderland, North Wales. But the Brexit head bangers still carry on

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'll give you a positive once we LEAVE ( it's rather pointless suggesting a positive before then as nothing has actually changed - i.e. we're still in the EU ).

Animal welfare - for example, we'll be able to ban the import of Foie Gras once out of the EU. We can't do that at the moment. Or indeed live animal exports / imports.

Banning Foie Gras, LOL. You don't see Brits queueing for their Poulet Fermier on Sundays

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
Britain’s race to the bottom has begun.

I'm absolutely CONVINCED you said that you said this thread had run it's course yet here you are still spouting rubbish.

Oh, you did ....

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Banning Foie Gras, LOL. You don't see Brits queueing for their Poulet Fermier on Sundays

I think this is his “let them eat cake” moment :lolol:

Ban foie gras, yeah right, I imagine the Tory toffs will be right up for this.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm absolutely CONVINCED you said that you said this thread had run it's course yet here you are still spouting rubbish.

Oh, you did ....

I thought it had. But with my open mind I realised things had changed.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I notice a lot of remainers have been quoting Daniel Hannan over the last few pages in some attempt to suggest he now doesn't support Brexit. Strange, during an interview on Radio 4 this morning he was quite clear that given Michel Barnier's insistence that we stick to the rules, pay the money and have no say during any implementation period that we should just walk away.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003

I think this is his “let them eat cake” moment :lolol:

Ban foie gras, yeah right, I imagine the Tory toffs will be right up for this.

We import 200 tonnes of the stuff a year from the EU - your mates in the EU won't let us ban it. In fact the RSPCA are extremely critical of EU's lack of animal welfare. We wouldn't want to put a few French producers out of business after all. And HT, your mate Corbyn agrees with me. Once we've left we can deal with this, live exports, low animal welfare ( even everybody's hate figure Grove is doing good things towards this issue ) and the disgusting treatment of dairy cattle in Italy. Your precious EU actually supports animal cruelty.

Westdene Seagull

NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
I thought it had. But with my open mind I realised things had changed.

Things have changed that much in 24 hours .... pull the other one ! You're just a hypocrite who can't stand seeing his beloved EU held to account and proven not to be so perfect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here