Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimbledon 2017

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I'd like to see Garbine win this, but I think we'll be watching two tie break sets. If someone wins them both, game over. If it goes to a third it could go on for hours and hours because both are strong on serve and neither are too strong against serve.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Who are the 2 ladies they keep showing on the TV a dark haired lady and the blonde on her left, obviously well known but I dont know them and obviously connected to Sabine Muguruza as they cheer her points.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Who are the 2 ladies they keep showing on the TV a dark haired lady and the blonde on her left, obviously well known but I dont know them and obviously connected to Sabine Muguruza as they cheer her points.
Garbine.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I'd like to see Garbine win this, but I think we'll be watching two tie break sets. If someone wins them both, game over. If it goes to a third it could go on for hours and hours because both are strong on serve and neither are too strong against serve.

Looked that way from the first set but oh my what a collapse. Garbine looks more aggressive and has just swept Williams aside

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008

Are you ever right about anything?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

Good call.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Thanks but they must have read my question as the commentator answered it.:lolol:

No idea, I'm watching the cricket. download.jpg

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Those that managed to get tickets for the final must feel a little disappointed with that offering. I know I would be unless I had a large bet on the winner.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Mens Doubles on now. I thought their shirts had to be plain but one of them has wording on his Tee shirt obviously advertising.

The shirt has Centauno on the front and sleeves so obviously a company name.

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Slow hand clapping when a player challenges a call is the single most pathetic, childish, irritating, tedious, moronic thing ever....EVER......EVER!!!!! Aaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

:censored::rant::rant::shootself

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well, you can't legislate for a player to totally collapse like that in the second set. Classic aftertiming to be critical of a prediction based on logic after the event, everyone's an expert in analysis.

Federer vs Cilic tomorrow looks simple on paper, the greatest ever on his favourite surface without having dropped a set all tournament but he's against a big guy with an enormous serve, a deadly forehand and who moves better than most of his size. He lost the Queens final but has experience of winning a Slam event so he's a danger. I want Federer to win and win easily but there's every chance Cilic will make it more of a match than that.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is it after timing to post now that I had Murguruza 2-0, BUT in a double with Federer 3-0?

Tiny stakes mind.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Federer has won the first set 6-3 against Cilic and has just broken serve in the second set for a 2-0 lead.

By the hurry that Fed seems in, I guess he wants to know who the new Doctor Who is as well.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here