Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Restaurant 2016

Jul 7, 2003
I see that today was the opening of the new kitchen at Brighton Beer Dispensary. It is called Dizzy Gull and is from the team at The Set. The menu looks interesting including:

Bacon Pickled Egg
Deep Fried Mash (isn't that a croquette?)
Oxtail Marmite Benedict
KFC Rabbit
Battered Mackerel Hot Dog

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Quick pizza before the flicks the other day in Franco Manca. It's alright for a chain, Fatto A Mano is loads better though.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I had lunch at the new tapas place in Burgess Hill this week and it was very good. The portions are a bit bigger than usual tapas, but everything was very tasty and had obviously been freshly made. Value was really good at £35 including drinks.
We struggled to finish 5 dishes between myself and missus BTF, but then it was lunchtime and I don't think it helped that we both had to get back to work so couldn't take our time as much as I would've liked.
Standout dishes for me were calamari, Lamb chops and a creamy chicken croquette. All were perfectly cooked - calamari was tender, Lamb was crispy and pink in the middle and the filling in the croquette was really tasty. Also had a very good Spanish omelette.
Will definitely go back, it will be interesting to see if they can maintain the quality during a busy dinner service.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I'm going to Isaac at on Saturday. Have any of you eaten there?

Yup. He's ambitious. The set menu is a good idea. Quality is a little bit variable was the view of the four of us that went, with some dishes working better than others, but it's one of Brighton's better restaurants, and I suspect will only get better.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I had lunch at the new tapas place in Burgess Hill this week and it was very good. The portions are a bit bigger than usual tapas, but everything was very tasty and had obviously been freshly made. Value was really good at £35 including drinks.
We struggled to finish 5 dishes between myself and missus BTF, but then it was lunchtime and I don't think it helped that we both had to get back to work so couldn't take our time as much as I would've liked.
Standout dishes for me were calamari, Lamb chops and a creamy chicken croquette. All were perfectly cooked - calamari was tender, Lamb was crispy and pink in the middle and the filling in the croquette was really tasty. Also had a very good Spanish omelette.
Will definitely go back, it will be interesting to see if they can maintain the quality during a busy dinner service.

Sounds good and fancy this but what is the name of the place ?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyone been to The New Club near the i360 ?

Thinking of going after the game next Saturday so any reviews would be useful

Foodie Eshe

Apr 28, 2016
Hassocks
I'm going to Isaac at on Saturday. Have any of you eaten there?

Isaac At is very good, I've been twice and I would recommend it. My first visit was a year ago, my second time about a month ago.

Warm and friendly atmosphere and very attentive service.

Food is really creative with 7 courses (not just the 5 as advertised) on the tasting menu (£47).

I did have a couple of dishes that could have done with a bit more seasoning but other than that it was all very high quality.

Highlights were the butternut squash and yeast extract art attack and the fizzy strawberry dessert.

More indepth review on the blog if you need it: http://foodieeshe.com/review-isaac-at/

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Is that the one on the walkway near Studio 21 and Sunny cafe as I looked at their tapas menu displayed outside and it seemed very limited, so gave it a miss.

Foodie Eshe

Apr 28, 2016
Hassocks
Anyone tried NuPosto on West Street? Quite fancy it, but the location is putting me off..

I really don't recommend NuPosto - been several times and the pizza was cold - despite being sat feet away from the pizza oven! I would go for Fatto A Mano or VIP (although VIP can be hard to get a table on the weekend).

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I see that today was the opening of the new kitchen at Brighton Beer Dispensary. It is called Dizzy Gull and is from the team at The Set. The menu looks interesting including:

Bacon Pickled Egg
Deep Fried Mash (isn't that a croquette?)
Oxtail Marmite Benedict
KFC Rabbit
Battered Mackerel Hot Dog

Sounds sadly like one of those kitchens you come across occasionally where you simply don't fancy one single damn thing on the menu... Hopefully somebody will prove me wrong.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
I really don't recommend NuPosto - been several times and the pizza was cold - despite being sat feet away from the pizza oven! I would go for Fatto A Mano or VIP (although VIP can be hard to get a table on the weekend).

Agreed.

Went last night, awful place. 15 minutes before anyone come and took a drinks order, 10 minutes after that before drinks came. They brought me the wrong dish, but by which point I couldn't be bothered to say anything. Then sat a massive table basically on top of me and my Mrs. Bill was £ 31 for two of us, and I said no chance am I paying that Luca me old china. Got away with £ 20 in the end, which still felt like too much.

Not good at all. Awful service, average food. Chefs on Facebook whilst cooking the food, too.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
A quite bizarre experience at a new pop up Sunday roast only restaurant in North Road called The Roasting Hut.

Happened to walk past at 3pm and got a table. Have to say the service which I'm presuming was a family was so amateurish it beggared belief.

No cutlery, no serveiettes the waiter didn't have a clue about the wine and when we asked for alternative red brought out white!

The food was a solid 7 out of 10 but nowhere near good enough to make up for the service.

Would not go back based on today's experience.

Last edited:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Hopefully i've not overlooked this but has anyone been to the new Miller and Carter steakhouse where the old Harvester was Patcham ?
Not been in but it's been empty the few times I've gone past. Bizarre really, location was perfect for cheap grub for families coming off the beach. Not sure it will suit a genuinely nice restaurant...time will tell, the one in Lancing is excellent

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
La Galleria, Shoreham - celebrate the wife birthday and usual good standards, very pleasant

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here