Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Massive fire in London - Grenfell Tower in Shepherds Bush

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Think you should have a word with yourself... The 2 situations are entirely different!

I think you should read the post again and explain why these people were knowingly demanding answers within such a short space of time, Corbyn was politicalpoints scoring whilst the flames were still burning, I've never heard his point of view on this before. The point being his motives were not altruistic but political, meanwhile those affected by the Shoreham Air Crash have to just suck it up. You understand very clearly what i'm saying, its about answers and the time it takes to get them.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
I think you should read the post again and explain why these people were knowingly demanding answers within such a short space of time, Corbyn was politicalpoints scoring whilst the flames were still burning, I've never heard his point of view on this before. The point being his motives were not altruistic but political, meanwhile those affected by the Shoreham Air Crash have to just suck it up. You understand very clearly what i'm saying, its about answers and the time it takes to get them.

I mean no disrespect whatsoever to the victims and families of victims of the Shoreham air crash - truly I don't.
But it seems likely that the process for bringing a conclusion from the two incidents will be very different.
Shoreham has a Coroner's Inquest. Grenfell Towers is more likely to be a Public Inquiry. Although a Public Inquiry will (likely) take longer than an Inquest, partly due it's the wider-ranging nature, there is the opportunity to make interim recommendations - e.g. on changes to Building Regulations - before the Inquiry is completed.
So, there is the potential for swift recommendations to emerge from an Inquiry. I don't believe that a Coroner has that ability, particularly where a jury is sitting.
Whether that will be the case - we will have to wait and see...

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I mean no disrespect whatsoever to the victims and families of victims of the Shoreham air crash - truly I don't.
But it seems likely that the process for bringing a conclusion from the two incidents will be very different.
Shoreham has a Coroner's Inquest. Grenfell Towers is more likely to be a Public Inquiry. Although a Public Inquiry will (likely) take longer than an Inquest, partly due it's the wider-ranging nature, there is the opportunity to make interim recommendations - e.g. on changes to Building Regulations - before the Inquiry is completed.
So, there is the potential for swift recommendations to emerge from an Inquiry. I don't believe that a Coroner has that ability, particularly where a jury is sitting.
Whether that will be the case - we will have to wait and see...

You may be correct or not, my point is that whilst people are suffering Corbyn and his cohorts seek to knowingly inflict unrealistics expextations on those at the lowest mental and physical state. They very well know that answers could not be given so shortly after the tragedy, even with the building smouldering and being too hot for the firefighters to enter on certain floors. On the one hand he critices the firefighters for not diseminating information then he applauds them for their bravery. Full of contradictions and political opportunism, he is the lowest of the low.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Ah, OK. I had not seen any reports of Corbyn criticising firefighters - quite the opposite in fact.

As I have zero interest in yet another left vs right discussion, particularly with regard to Grenfell Towers, I am out of this particular sub-element.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
You may be correct or not, my point is that whilst people are suffering Corbyn and his cohorts seek to knowingly inflict unrealistics expextations on those at the lowest mental and physical state. They very well know that answers could not be given so shortly after the tragedy, even with the building smouldering and being too hot for the firefighters to enter on certain floors. On the one hand he critices the firefighters for not diseminating information then he applauds them for their bravery. Full of contradictions and political opportunism, he is the lowest of the low.

I have no idea what Corbyn has or hasn't said about the fire fighters but being critical of anyone for not giving out information while also applauding their bravery does not appear contradictory to me - they're far from mutually exclusive aren't they?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Breaking news, government have acquired a 68 flat block nr the site to house survivors x

A number of Grenfell Tower families are to be housed in a £2bn luxury development, which boasts a private cinema and swimming pool.

Brand-new flats in a Kensington High Street development have been bought for those who lost their homes in the blaze, according to the Evening Standard.

The price of private flats in the block starts at £1.5m.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
A number of Grenfell Tower families are to be housed in a £2bn luxury development, which boasts a private cinema and swimming pool.

Brand-new flats in a Kensington High Street development have been bought for those who lost their homes in the blaze, according to the Evening Standard.

The price of private flats in the block starts at £1.5m.

Sounds like Berkeley Homes?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
"The apartments are "newly-built social housing" in a complex where the price of private homes starts at £1.5m."

Don't get me wrong, it's excellent news something is being done BUT how can properties STARTING at £1.5m ever be classed as social housing ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here