Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GB Football team

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013
Reading the thread on a possible 2030 British World Cup bid, thought it might be interesting to consider what it would look like if the UK international football teams. Fair to say England haven't lived up to expectations in recent years: Would we fare better being able to draw from Scottish, Irish and Welsh players?
(If unclear I'm not saying we should/will, just a bit of fun to see who you'd have in your eleven.

Hart
Coleman Williams Cahill Rose
Ramsey Dier
Bale Alli Lallana
Kane

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
Reading the thread on a possible 2030 British World Cup bid, thought it might be interesting to consider what it would look like if the UK international football teams. Fair to say England haven't lived up to expectations in recent years: Would we fare better being able to draw from Scottish, Irish and Welsh players?
(If unclear I'm not saying we should/will, just a bit of fun to see who you'd have in your eleven.

Hart
Ramsey Dier
Bale Alli Lallana
Kane

I know you're hypothesising but ROI aren't in the UK.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
What's the points as we'll have bale and the rest will be English and if we have to have 3 of each playing etc we'll be dogshite :)
Avoid this hideous British team at all cost !!!!

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
What's the points as we'll have bale and the rest will be English and if we have to have 3 of each playing etc we'll be dogshite :)
Avoid this hideous British team at all cost !!!!

I had a quick look but stopped out of complete sadness when I was researching Scottish contributions.

We think we're in a mess.

The Tactician

Feb 18, 2013

JBD

Jul 12, 2009
Zone Q

Hart
Ramsey Dier
Bale Alli Lallana
Kane

Coleman ?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
I long advocated this, seeing past great players from other home nations failing to get the international recognition they deserved and England disadvantaged by the current system.
Now though, with devolution and possible Scottish cessation, it is not going to happen. N.B. the only player I would add to the current England squad is Bale.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here