Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Harry Kewell - Crawley manager!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It was suggested that at MA original interview the question and answer that got him the job was when asked by DK what he would do to change things he said get rid of 10 of the team. So provided Crawley gave him some funds to bring in proven league players he would do them well.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He could do a lot worse than to get Micky Adams as his Number 2.

Or even as number 1. I remember thinking that Micky would be a great candidate when Dermot Drummy got the job. Would be the ideal route back into League management for him, that's if he still has the same desire for it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You and I are on the same wave length as I suggested that a little earlier in the thread. The drawback is that he would want funds to bring in proven League players as he did when he took over us when we left Priestfield. Not sure if their owner would provide that or expect the young to be brought on which doesnt appear Mickeys way forward in the short term.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
You and I are on the same wave length as I suggested that a little earlier in the thread. The drawback is that he would want funds to bring in proven League players as he did when he took over us when we left Priestfield.

Yep, funds that Crawley's Turkish consortium of owners probably don't have, or are willing to spend, (which amounts to the same thing).

I think that's the chief reason Drummy was offered the job, he was prepared to do it on a shoestring.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yep, funds that Crawley's Turkish consortium of owners probably don't have, or are willing to spend, (which amounts to the same thing).
and tha
I think that's the chief reason Drummy was offered the job, he was prepared to do it on a shoestring.

Unfortunately many people/consortiums buy clubs with barely enough money to buy the club. We could have been in the same position had TB not stepped up to the plate. That is not a dig at DK but a fact of life and how grateful we are. Most clubs and their fans would love a TB to buy into their club.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wow! Good for Crawley, exciting development for our near neighbours.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
They just interviewed Harry Kewell on BBC South East and I realise he wore them when playing, but For F**ks Sake, he has got gloves on for his interview.......its the hottest day of the year FFS

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
They just interviewed Harry Kewell on BBC South East and I realise he wore them when playing, but For F**ks Sake, he has got gloves on for his interview.......its the hottest day of the year FFS

Have you considered that he might suffer from Psoriasis or something similar? Perhaps he has other reasons for covering his hands? Who knows?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here