Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The crowd today

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I wasn't there because I'm here with work, but all the videos online I've seen, especially when the teams came out, looked amazing.
The team weren't at it, Bruno himself said so, & couldn't explain why.
So, one of those days.
Some people are getting their moaning about next season in early!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
My sentiments entirely.
There is a time to celebrate and its not when the job is only half done. This team had a chance to write their names into BHA history, as the first winners of the second-tier title and in front of their own fans. It brought back memories of the Palace and Wednesday play-offs, where the pre-game frenzy transmitted itself to the players.

Slightly have to disagree with you there.
Were you at the Amex for the Wednesday play-off game?
The first 45 minutes against Wednesday last season was probably the most dominating/exciting first half of football I've seen Albion play in my 40 years of watching them! They created chances, they created excitement, if we'd have scored in the first ten minutes I have no doubt the result would have been different!
They atmosphere was electric that night (I'm getting goose pimples just thinking back to it!)
And didn't we silence the Wednesday fans and create an atmosphere?
Quote from this thread last year - http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?338786-Listen-to-this/page2
From @Moshe-Gariani - David Blunkett "Describes The Amex atmosphere last night as a "force field". Had never heard noise like it in 60 years of watching football (and, obviously, he should be an unusually good judge of that...).

It is incredible how good was the atmosphere generated by 25,000 Albion fans supporting as one."

The levels of excitement in the Bristol City game never got anywhere near that, which after all the celebrations of the last few weeks was very disappointing!
The team seemed a bit flat and didn't start the game with any where near the same intensity of the Wednesday Play-Off game. The only reason I can think that is in the Player's minds and the Manager's mind, the job is done, and we've beaten last season's targets.
It's not over yet! Hoping the Albion fans at the Villa game recreate that "Wednesday Feeling", and we can win that last game!
Whatever the result, 2017-18 is going to be another momentous year in following the Albion! :albion2:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
It's been awful, one of the worst I'be seen tbh, you wouldn't think we've been promoted. Only going to get worse the coming seasons too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The crowd did well, shame the players were so poor...

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If the squad "did not want it" as much as a feckless Bristol City with virtually nothing to play for, what hope of a performance at Villa?......

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

So much talk of the players not wanting it, I wonder if any of those posting this have ever played competitive sport

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
So much talk of the players not wanting it, I wonder if any of those posting this have ever played competitive sport
Err... those were the manager's words.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
So because I didn't go to the game I can't comment on the support? Melt

And I am supporting my premier league team thanks

Well maybe if you had got them to turn the volume up in the pub it may have been better :shrug:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Crowd was shit yes, based on what was being served up on the pitch. That's unfortunately the way it works unless you travel away with us.

Yes the crowd were shit, but it should be irrelevant to what's going on the pitch. I've never understood 'the players needing to give the crowd something to sing about' stance.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I appreciated that the performance itself was frustrating on Saturday, but some of the comments I heard were just COMICAL......especially considering we have been BRILLIANT this year and achieved the key goal.

"Knockaert ALWAYS tries to do too much"
"Bong's TERRIBLE"
"HOW are we going to COPE in the Prem when we play like THIS"

Forgetting Kockaert is player of the season, Bong has been steady all year and the 40 odd games where we haven't played like that.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
The atmosphere was very underwhelming. North loud for 20 mins, not a peep from anywhere else all game.

This!

It is often the case that , despite a noisy, enthusiastic start, the atmosphere drops off and the noise diminishes when it is apparent that the players are already on the beach as was clearly the case on Saturday. That had the vocal support at the start and the players' apathy eventually spread to the support.

Maybe we were all on the beach Saturday too????

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Given the wages they're on, they should want it...

But then they are getting their wages anyway! Those that will be with us next year know they will be playing PL football next season. Those that will be discarded know they won't. No real incentive for them to put it in on Saturday either way. So they didn't.

Jan 30, 2008
Won't be any be better in the prem will it ? , let's be honest this has been going on for a while , a few home defeats next season on the cards and you can picture the scene ???
regards
DR

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
Won't be any be better in the prem will it ? , let's be honest this has been going on for a while , a few home defeats next season on the cards and you can picture the scene ???
regards
DR

So desperate to find something bad about the Albion, that you are now commenting on things you admit that you haven't seen. Desperate and Embarrassing :blush:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
regards
DR

I know you're not one for elaboration, but sometimes the one sentence post is far too short. Your thread the other day came across very badly. If you have a point more substantial than what appeared to be mere sneering at the people who actually do watch the Albion, you really owe it to us to explain what you mean - we are not mind readers, and on face value what you posted the other day was completely bang out of order.

As for this, again its not clear what you're saying. If you think the ground will empty to a cascade of booing if we have a run of defeats, so what of it does? It didn't under Hyppia so I doubt it will now. Sure, some will boo and some will leave. That's football. Same as it ever was (I was there in the 70s). But what point are you trying to make?

Lots of people have asked you to explain yourself, more than once, and you either disappear, or throw back another brief and enigmatic quip. It stinks to me of mid life crisis, mate. Come on, for once, please make your point clear!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here