Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for the club's senior management to look at themselves?

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I asked lots of questions last year
got slated on here
never got an answer
there is definitely something wrong with the set up
one manager who to put it politely was a lovable bigmouth
now one very quiet one but still likable
both gone
sort it out please
and stop smiling there is nothing to smile about you are once again making us a laughing stock

Fair play to you - rap is a much under-used medium on here. However, after a promising start I can't help but feel the ryhme starts to lose its way a bit.

4/10

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Fair play to you - rap is a much under-used medium on here. However, after a promising start I can't help but feel the ryhme starts to lose its way a bit.

4/10
:lolol:

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
People leave jobs for all kinds of reasons. Even good jobs.

In large organisations there are always personality clashes. Most people disagree or clash with their bosses at some point and frequently harbour the opinion that their superiors aren't as good as their job as they ought to be.

Just because Oscar has walked, doesn't automatically follow that there's an inherent problem with Barber or Burke. It's entirely possible he doesn't like them. It's also entirely possible that he's realised his own limitations.

I liked Oscar's quiet dignity and lack of Gusness, but if I'm honest I rarely saw evidence of a passionate manager who inspired players and was full of tactical ideas. I'd be very surprised if a Premier side snapped him up, and only marginally less surprised if he went to a Championship club.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Vincent Tan step aside.....

Yeah, because Tony Bloom is just like Vincent Tan. No history with our club and has no understanding of the game.

Maybe I have this wrong though. Perhaps Nike are working on our new fuchsia shirts and we are about to be rebranded as the Brighton Mantises.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I bumped into an ex player today who was hugely scathing of Burke and Barber. Burke in particular, he didn't have a single decent thing to say about them. It is only his opinion of course but he made it quite clear that many people at the club think these two are ruining what should be a brilliant place to work.

How is mayo these days?

Am I allowed to say that I was never convinced that he was any good? Apart from having coached a youth team and a resurgent (but nevertheless only Israeli) team, what had he done to persuade the Albion that he was the right man to build on the success of the squad that Gus Poyet had created?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Am I allowed to say that I was never convinced that he was any good? Apart from having coached a youth team and a resurgent (but nevertheless only Israeli) team, what had he done to persuade the Albion that he was the right man to build on the success of the squad that Gus Poyet had created?

Only if you can pin his departure on one of the evil overlords who reside in the flaming pits of castle Amex

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
And maybe ask how they've managed to lose another manager in strange circumstances? Perhaps this time we lowly customers might get a bit more of an explanation than we did last time. And finally, who is going to want to take the job on if getting into the play-offs means you're not likely to be in the job the following season?

Laughing stock

tommynockers

Dec 6, 2013
He probably went because he had no support from 80% of fans. Think some of the fans need to take a good look at themselves as well!!!

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Yeah, because Tony Bloom is just like Vincent Tan. No history with our club and has no understanding of the game.

Maybe I have this wrong though. Perhaps Nike are working on our new fuchsia shirts and we are about to be rebranded as the Brighton Mantises.

Please tell us this is a wind up. Or have you been away for 40 years ?

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
The way I see it. All went wrong when Baabaa arrived
He does not understand the club
Where we came from. It's very important.
Tony, bless him, loves the club. But he has made errors.
That's ok. He's a fan. Listen to us.
We need people who KNOW the club to lead us. To work with Tony.
Baaaaabaaaaa is a PR robot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here