Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***County Championship Division 2, Sussex v Durham at Hove, May 21-24, 2017***

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
When I was young this was just mythical footage, It just didn't happen in the cricket I watched. Now with 20 20 its all posssible but back then it seemed impossible. I always remember the poor fielder who takes a catch over and poor old Nash the bowler.

When I wer' a lad...Sobers was thought of as the best allrounder of all time. Still easy to make a case, as naturally gifted as any and could bowl quick and spin.

PG

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
When I was young this was just mythical footage, It just didn't happen in the cricket I watched. Now with 20 20 its all posssible but back then it seemed impossible. I always remember the poor fielder who takes a catch over and poor old Nash the bowler.

The fielder was Roger Davis. He became more famous a few years later when he stopped breathing after being struck by a ball - fortunately, he was revived by a doctor at the ground.

Although, it seems commonplace to score lots of sixes these days, only one other player (Ravi Shastri) has emulated Sobers' feat in a first-class match

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
They can do that from next season - sort of red and yellow cards - arm waving denotes how many overs they miss and if they have been sent off, also they can award penalty runs

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Weather looking very nice up here in Sullington, if it is the same down in Hove there should be a full day's play. Surely we can't blow this?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
fullsizeoutput_2b2f.jpeg

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here