Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pre-season friendly against Southend?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I for one hope we go for a pre-season around all the lower league clubs who used to dislike us and be smug, premier league *******s.

"Oh hello Swindon, getting ready for L2 are you? That's a shame. We're getting ready for the Premier League."
"Congratulations on promotion to L1 Pompey, shame we're going to the Prem which kinda overshadows your achievement."
"Hi Orient. We can't even take the piss, here's a money spinner for you. Good luck."

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Another friendly at Crawley 22nd July, ko 3pm.

List now updated.

Sat 22nd July- Crawley Town (A) 3pm
Tue 25th July- Southend United (A) 7.45pm
Sat 29th July- Norwich City (A) 3pm
Tue 1st August- Away friendly in Europe
Sun 6th August- Home friendly at the Amex

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
It does worry me a little that we are now candidates for "Premier League scalp" in friendlies and cup matches as these minnows play out of their skins against a big club ....

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I thought we would be invited to play in some of the silly international cup games that have 4 teams from parts of the world.

Southend and Crawley is hardly testing when we are facing some of the teams next season......anyone see how spuds took Leicester apart last night?

Ali_rrr

Feb 4, 2011
Utrecht, NL
What I find strange, is that we have Norwich away. I remember when we had them at home in a friendly (2013/14 season?) when the tables were turned. How quickly football changes.

Seagulls perm

Banned
Apr 20, 2017
Hope ticket sales are recorded, recognised and rewarded. I share the concerns of others regarding getting away fixture tickets for next season.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
I for one hope we go for a pre-season around all the lower league clubs who used to dislike us and be smug, premier league *******s.

"Oh hello Swindon, getting ready for L2 are you? That's a shame. We're getting ready for the Premier League."
"Congratulations on promotion to L1 Pompey, shame we're going to the Prem which kinda overshadows your achievement."
"Hi Orient. We can't even take the piss, here's a money spinner for you. Good luck."

We did manage to lose against both Luton and Stevenage in one day last pre-season (a day to forget) so any pre match smugness could make us look even bigger tits should we manage to lose again against lower League opposition.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
What I find strange, is that we have Norwich away. I remember when we had them at home in a friendly (2013/14 season?) when the tables were turned. How quickly football changes.

Not really strange, clearly both clubs trying to build bridges again after the Hughton and Pritchard sagas.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015

Yes, Norwich? Very odd. Is that for real, or someone's little joke?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I thought we would be invited to play in some of the silly international cup games that have 4 teams from parts of the world.

Southend and Crawley is hardly testing when we are facing some of the teams next season......anyone see how spuds took Leicester apart last night?

Oxford and Stevenage last July, weren't exactly testing our players ready for the Championship. Friendlies are for fitness exercises, nothing more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here