Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Brady Dead

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Not really in this case.

At least the authorities attempted to find where the victims were buried.

That's the major flaw of the death penalty. You only get the chance of further investigation if the convicted is kept alive.

There have beem numerous cases over the years of convicted murderers being re-convicted for other crimes.

Sent from my LG-K520 using Tapatalk

He was never going to give up where he buried Keith Bennett.

And any further convictions don't mean shit because the prison time 'punishment' will run concurrently with the original sentence.

Stand by my point that...I find it inherently wrong that someone can end someone's life, even a child's, and then they're allowed to live out their days in a cell!
Just so wrong!

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I was randomly in a studio audience years ago. Late night ITV thing.

They interviewed someone (who was infamous in the 60s) that had completely taken in by her and visited her in prison.

The interview was about how they had come to their senses and felt they had been almost hypnotised.

Maybe she was but if she was faking it then I'd ask why she was trying to fool people into thinking that she was repentant. It must have been to try to be released and she certainly made repeated requests for parole. She died in prison - a place that she spent over 30 years trying desperately to leave and if you are right, she made her life in there even worse for years as part of a pretence that got her absolutely nowhere.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He was never going to give up where he buried Keith Bennett.

And any further convictions don't mean shit because the prison time 'punishment' will run concurrently with the original sentence.

Stand by my point that...I find it inherently wrong that someone can end someone's life, even a child's, and then they're allowed to live out their days in a cell!
Just so wrong!
I respect your opinion but see the other the other angle.

Further crimes have been solved and families have got to know what happened to victims.

At least the authorities got the chance with Brady.

Both of them they also suffered far more in life. Brady just wanted to drift off but I think it's fair to say they kept him alive to find out where the last body was.

He has been playing with them for years. Possibly they will find it one day with the deranged riddles he had left.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Good riddance, and as it's saved us all, as taxpayers, a bit of money, great. My only regret is the thousands we've spent over last fifty years or so keeping the scumbag alive.

theboybilly

I agree, he was never going to give the location of Keith Bennett's resting place. Brady was there in the same court as hardened Police officers when they played the tape of the suffering of Lesley Anne Downey (aged just 10) These officers had seen some awful things in their careers but were reduced to tears in hearing the pleas for help from that poor helpless child. If there was a time to put your hands up and say 'yes, I did it and I'll show you where the body is' it was then. But that ******* didn't. Rot in hell scumbag.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Maybe she was but if she was faking it then I'd ask why she was trying to fool people into thinking that she was repentant. It must have been to try to be released and she certainly made repeated requests for parole. She died in prison - a place that she spent over 30 years trying desperately to leave and if you are right, she made her life in there even worse for years as part of a pretence that got her absolutely nowhere.
My point being she was obviously very very manipulative.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
Not really in this case.

At least the authorities attempted to find where the victims were buried.

That's the major flaw of the death penalty. You only get the chance of further investigation if the convicted is kept alive.

There have beem numerous cases over the years of convicted murderers being re-convicted for other crimes.

The major flaw of the death penalty is if the state kills one innocent person, we are all murderers too.

Barry George, Colin Stagg, The Gulford Four, The Birmingham Six.

There is a long list of people imprisoned for murders they did not commit.

At least if they are still alive they can pardoned and released.

Pardoning a dead man is estentially pointless.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
The major flaw of the death penalty is if the state kills one innocent person, we are all murderers too.

True - but didn't he admit to the crimes?

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick

James Hanratty was one.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Should have posted flaw in this case. I don't support the death penalty at all.

I believe they admitted to their crimes but for the reasons stated in this case it was imperitive they were kept alive.

Old Lord Longford used to live down the road from where I grew up. Hindley cut him off in later years because she thought she was doing more bad her cause than good.

I was once sitting opposite him on a train to London.

Can't quite remember the circumstances but I think it terminated at London Bridge because Charing Cross was closed.

...or it didn't stop at London Bridge because wasn't scheduled to.

Either way it didn't make his stop and caught me out too but had been advertised.

He got up bold as brass and pulled the old communication cord bringing the train to an abrupt halt.

Preceeded to give the guard a volley of abuse as well.

Complete ********.

Last edited:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Its interesting that people describe the concept of heaven and hell when a bad or good person dies on here, then on other threads dismiss religion on another thread as something only idiots believe in.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Its interesting that people describe the concept of heaven and hell when a bad or good person dies on here, then on other threads dismiss religion on another thread as something only idiots believe in.
Thought the same :)

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

To be fair, Colin Stagg was never found guilty; more a subject of a farcical Met Police sting which got out of hand, and the case was thrown out of court by the Old Bailey judge.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
To be fair, Colin Stagg was never found guilty - more than subject of a farcical Met Police sting which got out of hand, and the case was thrown out of court by the Old Bailey judge.
Sounds like a theme here sorry..

.. But I was also sat opposite him on a tube.

Kept looking at him because I was convinced I knew him from somewhere perhaps school ?

Gutted afterwards. He must have got it all the time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm glad he's dead, and that it took him five decades of rotting away in confinement to do it.

Hanging would have been too easy for him

Unfortunately with his particular mind set, every day he was alive, every day he refused solid food, every day he had to have someone do something for him, whether it be wipe his dribble or wipe his arse, and every day he refused to locate a body, was a glorious victory for him. Look up his early life. Every minute he drew a breath was revenge. He did not suffer by rotting in prison - he was 'justified' by it.

I have always opposed capital punishment but in the case of an iredeemable psychopath of this magnitude, whose every waking moment was revenge, no, a humane injection would have been more appropriate, and a very long time ago. Perhaps bargained for over the location of the last body. The charade of his imprisonment, with his mental hunger fed on a regular basis by what to him would have been nectar - febrile drivel in the News of the World, Sun etc, 'notoriety', was one of the more debase and grotesque aspects of public society over the last 50 years. And in America we have the same for Manson. You can view prison photos of him over he last 50 years and see his swastika tattoo slowly wrinkle. He loves it.

So, actually, hanging (or something humane, the more humane and mundane the less he would have liked it) would have been preferable in my book.

ps - Just remember when you buy the Sun etc tomorrow, the 'National Hate' and exchange of sentiments of outrage are all there to make money for the proprietors.

This thread is far too long. If there is a Hell he'll be looking up and smiling at all the attention.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I'm also not a believer in heaven or hell - but I do believe there's something after death.

I sincerely hope that this something holds nothing but profound misery and torment for him, forever.....

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If his life was so great, why did he go to Court to end it?
If Ashdown Hospital was so cushy, why did he want to be returned to a high security prison?

Should have kept him alive, and suffering longer.

Oh, he was playing a game with all that. If you want to starve yourself to death you can do it easily. The IRA boys did it in weeks. Brady took pleasure from the apparent control he imagined he had, sipping his drinks while anxious guards and doctors stood around, wringing their hands. This is probably not a great topic for detailed analysis on here, to be fair, so I'm now out.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
He should have been dead 50 years ago, should have been thrown alive in a vat of acid and left there until no trace of his body left

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here