Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will you go to the promotion parade?

Will you go ot the promotion parade?

• Damn right I will!

Votes: 213 43.2%
  • No - I'm all celebrated out and it's gone a bit flat now.

Votes: 44 8.9%
  • No - awkward timing (with kids etc)

Votes: 65 13.2%
  • No - all celebrated out AND awkward timing

Votes: 33 6.7%
  • No - other reason (please state)

Votes: 79 16.0%
  • Still undecided

Votes: 59 12.0%

• Total voters

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
:thumbsup:

Just an EPIC afternoon. I confess to shedding a tear or two at one point, as I surveyed the scene and it finally, properly sunk in just how far this club has come. That wasn't just a parade, it was a full-blown party, and anyone who thinks it was unnecessary because we didn't win the League simply doesn't "get" this club.

Genuinely unforgettable, I'll remember yesterday forever.

Correct. I even forgot to boo the Councillors!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I nearly didn't go
Why?
My Nan passed away yesterday morning aged 95, I always planed to go with my boys and the Mrs but really didn't want to leading up to it all starting, we were all upset but pulled ourselves together and went, I cheered, cried and felt guilty for going.
Don't feel guilty, staying at home wouldn't have done anything for your nan, I'm sure she'd have rather you went.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
What a brilliant day.
It was a 400 mile round trip for me but I'm so glad I made the effort.
The atmosphere was buzzing from start to finish.
Local friends and family all thought I was mad to travel all that way just to see a few players sit on top of a slow moving bus and wave, especially as we didn't even win the Championship, but they don't get it, .... and nor do the alleged fans who chose not to go because we didn't win the title.
So what that we didn't win it? We're up!!

This is only the 2nd time in the club's entire history that we have secured promotion to the top flight ... and yet a few sad people are sulking because the team didn't perform in the final 3 games?
Get a life, or even better ... go and support a team that cheats their way to success like Palace or Portsmouth or any other team that paid money they didn't have for players they couldn't afford in order to appease supporters with the same mindset as you.

I came down to the parade to show the players and staff how much I appreciated the efforts that they had put in over the whole season in order to get MY club in to the promised land, and I suspect it was similar motivation for a majority of the incredible numbers who turned out yesterday.

For those of you who genuinely couldn't be there due to work commitments/travel issues/childcare problems and the like, then I feel really sorry for you, it was an amazing event you missed.
Anybody who didn't come for fear of having the event ruined by over zealous rules and security concerns ... there weren't any. You made a boo boo.

Those who didn't come because we came 2nd and didn't win it?

............... it was probably better without you to be honest, I suspect you might have thrown a few boos in the direction of the team as the bus went by.

What a brilliant day.
Local friends and family all thought I was mad to travel all that way just to see a few players sit on top of a slow moving bus and wave, especially as we didn't even win the Championship, but they don't get it, .... and nor do the alleged fans who chose not to go because we didn't win the title.

This is only the 2nd time in the club's entire history that we have secured promotion to the top flight ... and yet a few sad people are sulking because the team didn't perform in the final 3 games?
Get a life, or even better ... go and support a team that cheats their way to success like Palace or Portsmouth or any other team that paid money they didn't have for players they couldn't afford in order to appease supporters with the same mindset as you.

I came down to the parade to show the players and staff how much I appreciated the efforts that they had put in over the whole season in order to get MY club in to the promised land, and I suspect it was similar motivation for a majority of the incredible numbers who turned out yesterday.

For those of you who genuinely couldn't be there due to work commitments/travel issues/childcare problems and the like, then I feel really sorry for you, it was an amazing event you missed.
Anybody who didn't come for fear of having the event ruined by over zealous rules and security concerns ... there weren't any. You made a boo boo.

............... it was probably better without you to be honest, I suspect you might have thrown a few boos in the direction of the team as the bus went by.
Well said. Could not agree more.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
*as an aside, we couldn't have 8 or so of those urinal things discreetly outside the stadium somewhere next season please!!??

When we walked past the portable toilets and urinals, my Mrs said to me " look at that, there are loads of toilet cubicals and those lads are peeing in the basins " :lolol:

What a brilliant day.

THIS!:thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here