Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Summer wish list of recruits

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Current value on transfermarkt of 17m. As far as I'm aware this is a hypothetical wish list on a footy chat forum.
35000 posts on nsc doesn't make you an expert in anything.

Nope but he is right though, no chance of getting him for 17m... 25m maybe and he will be interesting sides like Everton not newly promoted sides.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Celtic is a squad worth raiding. Dembele & Sinclair to start with

hahahahahahahaha.

As IF.

Looks a great player, right enough.

Let's sign him, and the other Moussa Dembele from Spurs, AND (even more fantastical) Ousmane Dembele from Dortmund.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yet our big signings/loanees in the last 4 windows have predominantly been from the English Leagues.
Sidwell, Murray, Pocognoli, Duffy, Norwood, Rosenior, Zamora, Bong, Goldson, Murphy, Wilson, Akpom, Tomori.

Only Uwe, Skalak, Hemed, Manu and Knockaert (although he's obviously a EFL/Prem player) buck the trend.

and the rest of our first team squad from previous windows are also predominantly from English leagues or homegrown.

March, Dunk, and signings; Stockdale, Baldock, Kayal (from SPL), Stephens.

Its only Bruno signed pre Jan 15 from non English leagues who is a first team regular.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
George Friend ( 5 million ? )
Loftus-Cheek ( Loan )
Aaron Mooy ( Loan )
Tammy Abraham ( Loan )
Shane Long ( 9 Million ? )

3 loans 2 buys.

Maybe another wide man, right footed.

Re-sign Stockdale, Stephens, Bong.

Business Concluded. easy peasy.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Loftus-Cheek ( Loan )
Aaron Mooy ( Loan )
Tammy Abraham ( Loan )

3 loans 2 buys.

I like all of that except I'm never sure about Shane Long. Able to look decent when he plays, but seems to be constantly out?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I like all of that except I'm never sure about Shane Long. Able to look decent when he plays, but seems to be constantly out?

Just trying to think of someone available for that role Baldock plays. He is lightning fast and has played in the premier league for a long time now.
Well down the pecking order at Southampton, and has local family ;-)
Does get injured, like all quick front men I guess from time to time, but we would have Baldock as an alternative...

I dont think he gets a fair crack of the whip wherever he goes, needs games for me and will be great for us, works his ass off for the team.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Just trying to think of someone available for that role Baldock plays. He is lightning fast and has played in the premier league for a long time now.
Well down the pecking order at Southampton, and has local family ;-)
Does get injured, like all quick front men I guess from time to time, but we would have Baldock as an alternative...

I dont think he gets a fair crack of the whip wherever he goes, needs games for me and will be great for us, works his ass off for the team.

Alright, you've convinced me. Sold.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Loftus-Cheek ( Loan )
Aaron Mooy ( Loan )
Tammy Abraham ( Loan )

3 loans 2 buys.

How many domestic loans are you permitted...?

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Speaking to a Saints fan at work and he says Long has lost his edge and is nowhere as quick as he used to be (I guess cos of his injuries). He'll cost a lot in wages and injury prone like Baldock - based on that I'm out.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Under Sami we had about 8 ! ..... i think its more a number on how many you can play ?

3 would be the most loan players i would want.

Only 2 allowed in the Premier League.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
Calm down petal. Thought this was also a place for a good sensible discussion and not just kids talk? Obviously i cornered you(not intentionally) and it has got your back up. I must remember not to have a good debate with you in the future if this how you react Dave.

I don't want to be too critical of Tomori, but he shouldn't be signed with covering at fullback in mind. I think he was absoultely awful when he played there this year, and seriously wondered why we'd signed him...up until he played centre back and then he looked very composed. I'd be happy with him signing to be cover as a centre back, but I don't ever want to see him play fullback for the albion again. In fairness to him, a lot of centre backs who are excellent if not world class, can't play full back.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I don't want to be too critical of Tomori, but he shouldn't be signed with covering at fullback in mind. I think he was absoultely awful when he played there this year, and seriously wondered why we'd signed him...up until he played centre back and then he looked very composed. I'd be happy with him signing to be cover as a centre back, but I don't ever want to see him play fullback for the albion again. In fairness to him, a lot of centre backs who are excellent if not world class, can't play full back.

Rather stupidly, I think I may have quited the wrong quote, apologies for that. Anyway something about Tomori, you get the gist.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM

I agree he is a centre back and looked much better in that position.

I dont see the point in signing a loan player as cover though, would rather that the 2 were used on nailed on starting 11 performers as it were, seems a waste to do it on back up..

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Under Sami we had about 8 ! ..... i think its more a number on how many you can play ?

3 would be the most loan players i would want.

Yep and You could only have 5 in the squad.
Tex, Bennett, Gardner, Al Habsi, Elliott Bennett, Greg Halford, Darren Bent (although some of those overlapped, were only there for a few weeks)

Only Tex, Joe Bennett survived under Hughton although he brought in Ledesma/Caryol (who weren't there at same time) and of course Best.
Desperate times.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here