Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton should stay for years, regardless.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I might add,if we did go down,dependent on the nature/manner (one eye on 2002/03 season & 12 straight defeats) results wise (as i know the scenario is different),it would be as much as would Chris be happy to try again and actually stay.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
The issue is not that we should get rid ifwe go down, but that we get rid if threatened with going down. It would be difficult to get CH back in if we jettison him in Feb, and his replacement does not avoid relegation.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
I'm not sure that's Tony's style. I think he tends to be very loyal to those staff approaching the job in the right way - he stood by Hyypia long after he'd lost the fans.

I think Tony and Chris have a good working relationship of trust and respect for each other (or at least this is the impression I get from the interviews they have given). There's also a certain pragmatism to the way in which Chris goes about his job, which fits very much with Tony's vision for the club's working ethic more generally. In short, I'm not sure Tony would be 'trigger happy' were we to suffer a long series of bad results in the Premier League.
Saved me the hassle of writing that. Agree 100%

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Tony and Chris see eye to eye....not many managers and chairmen do, they are both tiny in size but huge in ability.

origigull

Jun 29, 2009
Why do you think the fans will expect so much?
If we stay up the fans will say the budget was just about spot on, but if we go down next year . . . why wasn't this spent on this player or that player or if only we had another striker or midfielder. Its the same with every club's fans getting promotion. We might spend £20-£30 million on new players in the close season. That will be ok to some fans but other will say £40 million minimum just to stay in the PL. If we stay up its ok . . until the following season and it starts all over again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here