Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Park in the FA Cup!

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
My old club :)

I'm going down to watch the game this evening, Looking forward to it. Should be a good old local derby.

The club has made great strides in recent years with a lot of new facilities. Anyone who lives locally and is after a club for their kids to play for you could do a lot worse. :thumbsup:

http://www.southparkfootballclub.co.uk/

Recall reading sometime ago that South Park don't pay their players other than expenses . Any idea if that is still so ?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
My old club :)

I'm going down to watch the game this evening, Looking forward to it. Should be a good old local derby.

The club has made great strides in recent years with a lot of new facilities. Anyone who lives locally and is after a club for their kids to play for you could do a lot worse. :thumbsup:

http://www.southparkfootballclub.co.uk/

Friendly faces everywhere
humble folks without temptation ?

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Burgess Hill must give Hitchin a run for their money in the "most boring town" stakes?

The Hill of Burgess is a fantastic place with a Wetherspoons, cinema, library, high employment with the industrial estate and friendly and genuine people.

Hitchin seems so far up its own arse with a couple of pubs, expensive housing and terrible town centre. The people were ignorant when I asked where the football club was. "I didn't know they had one" I remember someone saying. :facepalm:

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Recall reading sometime ago that South Park don't pay their players other than expenses . Any idea if that is still so ?

Yes this is still the case, One of only 3 teams in the league that don't pay a wage from what I was told Friday.

South Park won 2-1.

Dorking had 3 goals chalked off :D 2 for offside and one at the death for a push in the penalty box.

£3000 prize money for getting to the next round.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
South Park's FA Cup plan;

1. Win Football Games
2. ? ? ?
3. Profit!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Yes this is still the case, One of only 3 teams in the league that don't pay a wage from what I was told Friday.

I know Corinthian Casuals only pay expenses. Do you know who the 3rd team is?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
I know Corinthian Casuals only pay expenses. Do you know who the 3rd team is?

Not sure who the third team is i'm afraid.

Do you follow Hastings or one of the other Sussex based teams?

South park have got Leiston at home in the next round, Tough draw.

By the way, did Corinthian Casuals ever get reimbursed for programme printing, gate money etc when Palace pulled out of the pre season friendly less than 48 hours before kick off?

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Very tough draw that for South Park. Leiston have 100% record in the Ryman Premier.

I follow Hastings United - they're away to Barton Rovers of the Southern League Div1 Central - same tier and currently 9th in the league, though a bit of a trek north. Winnable though.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Very tough draw that for South Park. Leiston have 100% record in the Ryman Premier.

I follow Hastings United - they're away to Barton Rovers of the Southern League Div1 Central - same tier and currently 9th in the league, though a bit of a trek north. Winnable though.

Sounds like you are in with half a chance against Barton, Good luck. :thumbsup:

I'm going to try and watch a couple more South park games this season to see how they get on. Enjoy the season.

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk

My brother in law plays for leiston who are currently flying as table suggests. Should prove to be a good game.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
South Park lost 4-1 at home to Leiston yesterday in the 2nd qualifying round. Sussex wise:

AFC Kempston Rovers 1-1 Burgess Hill Town
Barton Rovers 0-1 Hastings United
Billericay Town 2-1 Bognor Regis Town
East Thurrock United 2-3 Whitehawk
Eastbourne Borough 2-1 Metropolitan Police
Hayes & Yeading 0-2 Worthing

hastings

Jan 15, 2010
Suffolk
South Park lost 4-1 at home to Leiston yesterday in the 2nd qualifying round. Sussex wise:

My brother in law scored the fourth :clap2:

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill

Hill had to rely on an 85th minute equaliser from Chris Smith to earn a reply back in BH on Tuesday against opponents from the level below.
Kempston went 1 up against the run of play towards the end of the first half but then should have had another couple almost immediately afterwards. Hill controlled large parts of the second half without creating many clear cut chances until Smith scrambled in following a long throw. We'll have to play much better in the replay if we are to progress but we're still in the hat for tomorrow's draw.

Hill had to rely on an 85th minute equaliser from Chris Smith to earn a reply back in BH on Tuesday against opponents from the level below.
Kempston went 1 up against the run of play towards the end of the first half but then should have had another couple almost immediately afterwards. Hill controlled large parts of the second half without creating many clear cut chances until Smith scrambled in following a long throw. We'll have to play much better in the replay if we are to progress but we're still in the hat for tomorrow's draw.

Chris Smith ex south park!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The draw for the 3rd qualifying round has been made. Leiston, who beat South Park, are away to Hungerford Town.

Sussex clubs still in the FA cup and out the hat are:

Kempston Rovers or Burgess Hill Town v Cadbury Heath
Margate v Hastings United
Whitehawk v Merthyr Town
Eastbourne Borough v Hadley
St Albans City v Worthing

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
FA Trophy, Second Round Qualifying Draw has thrown out:

Hastings United v..............South Park

Saturday 12th November, during the international break.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
FA Trophy, Second Round Qualifying Draw has thrown out:

Hastings United v..............South Park

Saturday 12th November, during the international break.

Not the greatest of draws for either side I suppose. Two mid-table sides.

Looking forward to watching another local side Merstham playing Oxford Utd on the box Saturday. Will be strange seeing a televised game from the park. :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Not the greatest of draws for either side I suppose. Two mid-table sides.

Looking forward to watching another local side Merstham playing Oxford Utd on the box Saturday. Will be strange seeing a televised game from the park. :lolol:

Yep, one mile up the road for me (my son plays for Merstham Cricket Club these days). I think they sold all the tickets in one afternoon!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here