Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Sour Grapes - maybe...

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
On the plus side none of our players (I deduce) were maimed. That was my main concern today. The result was of secondary concern.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Original post was virtually verbatim my rant at the final whistle. It stings to lose to them after being the better side again, is that the last 3 games where we’ve outplayed them, yet this time don’t even get a point?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
We can't really moan about their timewasting. Maty must have wasted about five minutes with his goal-kick routines in the first half, and I personally was urging him to speed up a bit - just not with the booing intensity of the Burnley fans.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Or sent off !!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Or even booked!

Duffy would have cleared the ball in the run up to the goal. His red card was the single biggest reason for our defeat. Ho hum, can't win 'em all.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
I’m not sure it’s right to say we played really well. For all our possession, Joe Hart didn’t have a single save to make until the final moments. We didn’t create much and lacked a cutting edge. It was a great shame because we’re a much better team than Burnley, who were awful - the worst team I’ve seen us play this season. Today was one of those days but a missed opportunity. Overall though, a good week. Most of us would have taken 6 points from 9.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Oh and an offside goal. Not sour grapes ****ing unucky again :thumbsup:

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
On the plus side none of our players (I deduce) were maimed. That was my main concern today. The result was of secondary concern.

At risk of bringing some balance and accuracy into the debate, in the last 5 years, Burnley have had 4 league red cards. Very few maimings.

If you want to see what a dirty side looks like, look in a mirror. 20 red cards for Brighton in 4 and a half seasons. Not as bad as Watford (21), but the worst of the rest.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
At risk of bringing some balance and accuracy into the debate, in the last 5 years, Burnley have had 4 league red cards. Very few maimings.

If you want to see what a dirty side looks like, look in a mirror. 20 red cards for Brighton in 4 and a half seasons. Not as bad as Watford (21), but the worst of the rest.

Yes, but 18 of those belonged to Ashley Barnes! ;)

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
You think that was one of our ‘typical’ boring away performances? I thought it was completely different. We’d have won that on another day 40% of the time and drawn 40% of the time - unfortunately we got the unlucky 20% today imo.

Never mentioned boring. But our set up away from home is ineffective in comparison to our excellent home form. Eighteen points out of a possible 84 is not a good return. Especially when measured against home form that's produced 44 points out of a possible 78. We've only lost (so far) five games at home compared to 19 away. Our set up/formation and personnel works at home - but 4-4-1-1 doesn't (comparatively) away from the Amex.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
CH is to blame. what was he thinking, sending out a Brighton team away from home in the PL and playing like they were back in the Championship. Neat attacking football and dominating possession..

Where was the dour defensive football that we have come to expect away from home. And to cap it all, a double tactical substitution after only 62 minutes.

I'm still in shock!

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Never mentioned boring. But our set up away from home is ineffective in comparison to our excellent home form. Eighteen points out of a possible 84 is not a good return. Especially when measured against home form that's produced 44 points out of a possible 78. We've only lost (so far) five games at home compared to 19 away. Our set up/formation and personnel works at home - but 4-4-1-1 doesn't (comparatively) away from the Amex.

Except that if you watched the game you would know we played 4 1 4 1 as only Propper sat and Bissouma was able to go forward. It was great to see CH do something different and it worked well for half an hour.

Doonhamer7

Jun 17, 2016
I was obviously at another game, it was a drab boring game and we got what we deserved out of it = nothing - time wasting from the very start made us look like we wanted a draw. I was sat in with the Burnley fans and in their pubs and clubs before and after and only animosity (even if you’d call it that) to us was Ryan’s time wasting at the start

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Except that if you watched the game you would know we played 4 1 4 1 as only Propper sat and Bissouma was able to go forward. It was great to see CH do something different and it worked well for half an hour.

It worked so well, Hart had to be defrosted at half-time. :lolol::xmas:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Only the well drilled maimers, with a maimers culture and maiming on their mind would have the guile to keep the card count down. Maiming ninjas, that's what your lot are.

:rolleyes:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here