Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs Leicester City *** Official Match Thread ***

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Our game plan seems to really impact the play of all the attacking players we bring in.

CH style means any naturally attacking players all of a sudden have to waste half of their game tracking back to build the ultra negative walls we love to build down back.

If I was a skilful attacking footballer I wouldn't want to come play here under this manager.

I believe Izzy (and yes he was awful today) did speak in the past couple of days about his defensive training which doesn't come natural to him, well, not the way it is drilled into him at Lancing anyway.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
Our game plan seems to really impact the play of all the attacking players we bring in.

CH style means any naturally attacking players all of a sudden have to waste half of their game tracking back to build the ultra negative walls we love to build down back.

If I was a skilful attacking footballer I wouldn't want to come play here under this manager.

If you had the choice of a team focussed on surviving in the EPL where you were paid 10 x more than you would elsewhere, I bet you would.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Which is probably why Locadia wants out?

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I just don't not understand the mentality where it appears Hughton winds them down at halftime, why would you do that?

It's built in him and one thing the Albion fans needs to understand he is not prepared to change his style. Fortunately, I am not shelling out time and money to watch a negative side at home against 10 men.

He was pretty animated quite a few times in the second half - urging the back four to defend higher up the pitch. It's not all down to him - the players have to accept quite a bit of the responsibility as well.

D

Deleted member 2719

He was pretty animated quite a few times in the second half - urging the back four to defend higher up the pitch. It's not all down to him - the players have to accept quite a bit of the responsibility as well.

I would agree with you on that, but he has either employed a bunch of negative players or it's been coached into them as this is on constant loop IMO.

I don't feel you can give 11 players the responsibility of that, I think if CH shouts from the side they jump and then ask how high.

D

Deleted member 2719

Can't blame him. Maybe Ali J will be the next one to want out of this system.

March used to show great attacking promise, now he's regressed into a wing who tracks back more than he goes forward.

I am glad someone else has seen this, I suppose yet again because he defends so much now he has had more games, I bet he is gagging to use his forward ability.

Poor lad is being stifled, I will give it that he is a better defender, but how many can you have.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Have we turned up for the second half yet?

Noah All

Jan 2, 2018
The shed
Watched on a stream.
Not sure it's all down to tactics.
We seem unable to deal with teams that really press us, as Leicester did in the 2nd half especially after Vardy came on.
We panic and can't pass or retain possession.
Our response is to pass the ball backwards or sideways and that invites teams on to us.
We've got to deal with the press better. It's crazy that a 10 man team can do it successfully against us.

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Watched on a stream.
Not sure it's all down to tactics.
We seem unable to deal with teams that really press us, as Leicester did in the 2nd half especially after Vardy came on.
We panic and can't pass or retain possession.
Our response is to pass the ball backwards or sideways and that invites teams on to us.
We've got to deal with the press better. It's crazy that a 10 man team can do it successfully against us.

So it’s down to tactics then!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Trouble is, our negative tactics are shit and we lose points through them. We aren't the 1-0 to the Arsenal that knew how to do it, we are shocking at it and today was more proof.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here