Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

We're not very good, Fulham are better......

cooliobhafc

Mar 15, 2012
Brighton
Ha ha the team that are so much better than us, despite the fact we beat them twice. They are a good side and I did expect them to be doing better than they are. Lets hope they strengthen in the transfer window, they can certainly take points from our rivals for us.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I really don't think us fulham fans need to worry! Seriously,we are a better side than reading,derby brighton ect. Take note when japp stam and other managers complement fulham. The players are still learning jokanovics system,and there will be mistakes along the way.My only concern would be penalties? and who takes them from now on? I would like to nominate Tom Cairney to take penalties from now on.Cairney will benefit even more as the leader given more responsibilites,i really think so.There is still a long way to go yet,and the likes of brighton showing peak form will slacken off like they did last year.Are they really that good? We know deep down that they are not! Can anyone really say that they are better than fulham? Can anyone say reading are better? If we get our act together and cut out the silly stuff,we can have a good run at the play-offs. I don't feel let down by our players,and i would seriously not want to start giving them negatives at this stage of the season.Believe me,there is nobody more disapointed than Cairney and co right now. I hope they don't take too many negative reviews too bad.We trounced reading last year for petes sake! Fulham players need to learn not to be too predictable,everybody watches video coveridges when they lose to us.Yapp Stam worked out what we do and nulified our play situation this time around.And even then Stams plan shouldn't have worked,but for us missing penalties!!! I won't comment on martin because i really think these knock backs always turn thaemselves around next time,hopefully soon. I think we will hammer a team 6.0 sooner or later,and go on a win win win series of games.Watch this space! I know fulham will turn it around!!!

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/messageboard/we-will-finish-in-the-play-offs-no-worries!!!.aspx#13645

Too much cough mixture?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
It's unfortunate, but the guy clearly feels let down and depressed that FFC are struggling to move upwards. I suggest his wannabe post does something to lift his spirits. ..bit like my endless hopes of a mega lottery win! Not a bad side, but auto promotion they are not. But in a playoff mix..who knows.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Ha ha the team that are so much better than us, despite the fact we beat them twice. They are a good side and I did expect them to be doing better than they are. Lets hope they strengthen in the transfer window, they can certainly take points from our rivals for us.

Very much this bit. Fulham are 20 points behind us, and we've played them twice. I hope they are brilliant from here on in.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Fulham are a good side with great potential - they've given us a scare twice now.

However, the table rarely lies; they're 9th. With some better finishing/someone who can take a penalty then they could be higher. But they aren't.

Yeah they are, Jokanovic is doing a good job and we were lucky to come away with 6 points from our 2 meetings, both games could easily have gone the other way. But over this season so far, we are most certainly a better team to date, better defensive record, better individual players in many positions and i guess most rational fans would agree.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
In one sense, the kind of views expressed are a huge encouragement. We have had a number of games where we've done enough to get the points, sometimes against the odds. But there have only been a handful where we've been genuinely imperious - which suggests to me that this squad has at least a couple of gears it can shift into over these last 20 games or so. If we can just land some reinforcements up front, we really have the squad depth and the ability to handle anything the rest of the division can chuck our way. The future's blue and white :albion:

Normski1989

Apr 15, 2015
Hove
Admittedly, Fulham have been the better team both times we've played them this season. But good performances for 70 minutes don't get you promoted... points do. And we picked up six from six against them.

Sounds like a very hopeful, yet deluded Fulham fan. If we 'slackened off' last year, when we actually made up a huge number of points on the teams above us to take the fight right up to the final game (including a 5-0 thumping of Fulham), I'd love to know what we're capable off if we don't slacken off.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
To be honest I rated Fulham, but this season particularly find them somewhat predicable and far from the sum of their parts. With a decent manager they could have definitely been contenders. Thankfully for us that wasn't the case.
Same too for Derby, but they had the sense to rectify their managerial short-fallings that thankfully gave the rest of us a massive head-start.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I really don't think us fulham fans need to worry! Seriously,we are a better side than reading,derby brighton ect. Take note when japp stam and other managers complement fulham. The players are still learning jokanovics system,and there will be mistakes along the way.My only concern would be penalties? and who takes them from now on? I would like to nominate Tom Cairney to take penalties from now on.Cairney will benefit even more as the leader given more responsibilites,i really think so.There is still a long way to go yet,and the likes of brighton showing peak form will slacken off like they did last year.Are they really that good? We know deep down that they are not! Can anyone really say that they are better than fulham? Can anyone say reading are better? If we get our act together and cut out the silly stuff,we can have a good run at the play-offs. I don't feel let down by our players,and i would seriously not want to start giving them negatives at this stage of the season.Believe me,there is nobody more disapointed than Cairney and co right now. I hope they don't take too many negative reviews too bad.We trounced reading last year for petes sake! Fulham players need to learn not to be too predictable,everybody watches video coveridges when they lose to us.Yapp Stam worked out what we do and nulified our play situation this time around.And even then Stams plan shouldn't have worked,but for us missing penalties!!! I won't comment on martin because i really think these knock backs always turn thaemselves around next time,hopefully soon. I think we will hammer a team 6.0 sooner or later,and go on a win win win series of games.Watch this space! I know fulham will turn it around!!!

http://www.fulhamweb.co.uk/messageboard/we-will-finish-in-the-play-offs-no-worries!!!.aspx#13645

Have a look at the league table, what does that tell you?

Puppet Master

non sequitur
Aug 14, 2012
Why does NSC feel the need to get all butthurt the moment one rival fan posts something like this. It's not a collective opinion, it's just one individual.

SUIYHP

The King's Gull
Apr 16, 2009
Inside Southwick Tunnel
Why does NSC feel the need to get all butthurt the moment one rival fan posts something like this. It's not a collective opinion, it's just one individual.

Neither is NSC. Posters on this thread aren't treating like this is the standard attitude of a Fulham fan, it's more like taking humour from the optimistic rambling of a teenager.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
'Yapp Staam' :lol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How is having a Friday afternoon giggle getting butthurt?!
It does feel a bit weird trawling other forums, finding a post we disagree with and then having a thread about it.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011

No it's not, unless this is 1 of 4 people ranting at me spoons after the game! They were aged 20 to 80 as well, so not school kids..

They ripped in about how the hell did they loss that to us when we were shit and they were will over us? I politely pointed out yes they were the better team for most of the game but a) we scored two they didn't, b) they missed a penalty or rather great penalty save c) they were all over us for the last 10 minutes as we always defend to the hilt swapping attacking for defending players. They were having none of it.

They then pointed out that Bloom can't even afford to buy a longer platform at the railway station! I mentioned that he didn't own the railway so why should he buy one and at least we have a train station within 2 minutes walk of the station and not a half hour trek through a dark muddy park!

They went on about ffp etc. And I had enough and went home. Seems to me there is a number of deluded Fulham fans!

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No it's not, unless this is 1 of 4 people ranting at me spoons after the game! They were aged 20 to 80 as well, so not school kids..

They ripped in about how the hell did they loss that to us when we were shit and they were will over us? I politely pointed out yes they were the better team for most of the game but a) we scored two they didn't, b) they missed a penalty or rather great penalty save c) they were all over us for the last 10 minutes as we always defend to the hilt swapping attacking for defending players. They were having none of it.

They then pointed out that Bloom can't even afford to buy a longer platform at the railway station! I mentioned that he didn't own the railway so why should he buy one and at least we have a train station within 2 minutes walk of the station and not a half hour trek through a dark muddy park!

They went on about ffp etc. And I had enough and went home.
Did you not mention the 5-0?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here