Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] The Live Music thread

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The Mission and The Buzzcocks last week, both great if you're trying to relive a misspent youth, ultimately just paying for the pensions of Hussey, Diggle (both of whom have aged well) and Shelley (who looks like a fat camp Tom Jones).

Man of Moon on Tuesday, excellent dour Scottish duo.

Sent from your mum using Tapatalk

Buzzcocks tonight @ Concorde 2

Anyone else going?

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Oh and what about the Bon Iver album, eh? Good/bad or indifferent you certainly can't accuse him of standing still.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6C5sB6AqJkM

Bought it last week, and given it a couple of spins. It's going to take one hell of a lot for me to even like it. I can see the creativity, what he's trying to do or reflect, but suspect I just won't be able to get on with it.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Bought it last week, and given it a couple of spins. It's going to take one hell of a lot for me to even like it. I can see the creativity, what he's trying to do or reflect, but suspect I just won't be able to get on with it.

Oh, just realised I'm spamming the wrong thread. I think it might be terrible actually. But then I thought the last one was boring and I'd rather be terrible than boring.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Just seen Jeremy Loops in Bristol, last Thursday,.... what a show, had the whole O2 bouncing to some awesome beats and vocals.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury

This is my position too. I'm trying hard; there are some snippets that are very nice, but it's a bit of a slog.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This is my position too. I'm trying hard; there are some snippets that are very nice, but it's a bit of a slog.

I've decided I'm going to do something I've only done twice (I think) before: take it back to Resident, and exchange it for something I do want to listen to. On which, what are your best three or five albums of the year?

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Went to see the Buzzcocks 40th Anniversary gig last week at the Concorde 2, seen them many many times but this was an awesome show, all seemed to be at one with each other the sounded awesome.

boik

Not sure of the etiquette on this, but would anyone be interested in 2 cheap tickets for Kristin Hersh at the Komedia on Nov 22nd? Really gutted that we can no longer make this. Face value £38, but will take £20. She's always fantastically entertaining live.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Something to look forwards to in January. The Blue Aeroplanes are at Patterns on Sat 28th.

Nice.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Nope, I turned up just as everyone was walking out the curtain. "That was awesome" I heard. Its a bit annoying as the following support was fairly dull.

And really sadly, I found out yesterday that the signer and main songwriter Tom Knights died the other day at 22. Think that was their last show.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Mark Eitzel
Bleach, March 4th

****ing excellent, seen him /American Music Club/ his musical (set in Brighton) about 20 times and he is absolutely superb.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here