Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Is This The Worst Goalkeeper Ever?

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Shocking defending for most of those so the keeper had no chance. Then she just gave up.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I think I saw her on the ground for 4 of those, and even they weren't proper dives. Her 'keeping' was mainly sticking a leg out from an upright position and hoping for the best.

Mind you, it did remind me of being in goal on a concrete playground at school, there was no way I was going to dive either.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
What did you expect?

Indeed.

Women.jpg

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Is it just me who thinks that the Benfica coaching team should have sent instruction out to the field to reign it in a little? (a lot). Winning handsomely is one thing. Humiliating a team to this degree is unsavoury.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Is it just me who thinks that the Benfica coaching team should have sent instruction out to the field to reign it in a little? (a lot). Winning handsomely is one thing. Humiliating a team to this degree is unsavoury.

Might have a goal bonus scheme though!

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Goal number 13 is amazing.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

I’ve always felt that in junior football there should be a limit of say, a 7 goal differential before the ref says that’s the score that’s gonna count. The teams could then carry on, mix the teams up, etc to make it more enjoyable. What kid wants to go to school the next day saying they let in 20? I appreciate that up to a certain age games are non competitive

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

At least she made some sort of effort to try to stop them from scoring.

Obviously they haven't heard of Graeme Smith, He was a big girls blouse.

Smith however would try to make himself appear as small as possible in goal as they close in, or he'd dive out of the way of every shot to avoid being being hit by the ball, it was like he was in total fear of it striking him after being told that one more hit by a ball would be fatal.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'd be concerned if the teams were in the same league.

Or was it a Cup game - a Davina v Gailiath match-up?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I'd be concerned if the teams were in the same league.

Or was it a Cup game - a Davina v Gailiath match-up?
League game.

Benfica's team is full of internationals but, as a newly-formed team, has to start in the 2nd Division of the Portuguese women's league.

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
League game.

Benfica's team is full of internationals but, as a newly-formed team, has to start in the 2nd Division of the Portuguese women's league.

So, they were clearly a far superior team. Not all of that was down to the keeper, hardly fair to mock. :wrong:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here