Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blimey, I agree with Steve Parish!

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
What? If we're tolerant on here, then the rivalry is dead.

I hate Palace. Shitty little cheating grotty club with no class or even self respect.

That doesn't mean I disagree with old blondie. I'll keep my hatred confined to posting here and singing about them at games. I've no problem with the Palace fans I meet, it's not their fault that their local club is so vile, and I almost admire them for supporting their club despite its endless shortcomings.

Oh that's all fair enough. My comment was more aimed at those who go bleating to the mods demanding an away section every time a Palace fan voices an opinion. Otherwise it IS just a one-way street.

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
Sensible words. In fairness most Palace fans are OK, they are not Pompey, Luton or Millwall. We do have a serious outstanding business though to sort out

You're right, Luton fans i right scum...I know one and he is a right bell end!

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
If some Palace lad doesn't go to this game and get his nose caked across his face then there's no point going.

At last someone talking sense. This thread will give us a reputation as a bunch of Nancy boys if we're not careful.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
What's this a love in? I'm out

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
When I was just a little boy,
my mother asked me, what should I be.
Should I be Brighton? Should I be Palace?
Here's what she said to me.
"Wash your mouth out son,
and study hard at school and you could go to University, where you can study to get a degree in a subject you're interested in. You could become a doctor or a lawyer, or a similar highly paid, rewarding job with plenty of satisfaction. If Labour get in, you won't even have to pay anything. Now say goodbye to your Gran. She's just going home to get Grandad his dinner. Then get undressed and ready for bed. You've got school in the morning."

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No No No. THIS OUTBREAK OF CIVILITY CANNOT BE CONDONED.

We hates 'em, we hates 'em forever! My precious...

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
He's right, but he has never apologised for poo gate, an episode that dragged our club's name through the mire. He knew what happened, yet kept his mouth shut when a simple explanation could have put an end to the matter.

I loathe his club, yet pretty much all the Palace fans I know are ok. I'd rather talk football with one of them than a plastic united or Chelsea fan who never goes to games.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hark now hear the Brighton sing
Palace, you're okay
And if you haven't made any other plans
Pop round on Boxing Day

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
When I was just a little boy I asked my mother what should I be
Should I be Brighton?
Should I be Palace?
Here's what she said to me....
"To be honest, they are both pretty decent teams. I don't think you'll be disappointed with either choice."

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
How are ya?!
How are ya?!

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
As a lad growing up in SE London it was always a Millwall -Charlton rivalry. Neither set of fans had much good to say about other London sides but this rivalry was above all others. A stabbing at a West Ham v Millwall match seems to have sparked something between the two sets of fans that I didn't think was really ever there before. I know Millwall's roots are in the East End and there may be a Docker's rivalry but Millwall and Charlton have been close neighbours for much, much longer.and have played each other many more times in their recent history. Palace v Charlton was only an issue in the week up to and during a match between the two - nobody at my secondary school for example supported them or even talked much about them.

I obviously cannot profess to know the history or intricacies of South London rivalries but I have a fair grasp of the situation between the Albion and Palace. I am also well aware of Palace's feelings, or lack thereof, towards Charlton.

Furthermore I know prominent lads from both Millwall and West Ham and it is fair to say they class each other as their main rivals and completely loathe each other.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

theboybilly

I obviously cannot profess to know the history or intricacies of South London rivalries but I have a fair grasp of the situation between the Albion and Palace. I am also well aware of Palace's feelings, or lack thereof, towards Charlton.

Furthermore I know prominent lads from both Millwall and West Ham and it is fair to say they class each other as their main rivals and completely loathe each other.

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

I wonder what age range those lads are in. As a youngster growing up in that little corner of London West Ham didn't really register as they were a top-flight club. It was the height of excitement when Charlton drew QPR in the 3rd Round of the Cup. As I said it was a stabbing at a match between Millwall & West Ham much, much later that seems to have reignited an old animosity.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
I wonder what age range those lads are in. As a youngster growing up in that little corner of London West Ham didn't really register as they were a top-flight club. It was the height of excitement when Charlton drew QPR in the 3rd Round of the Cup. As I said it was a stabbing at a match between Millwall & West Ham much, much later that seems to have reignited an old animosity.

These lads are most definitely old school.

But I have found even the younger lads express their animosity...When in a pub with the Millwall lads once, one of the youngsters explained his dislike for West Ham, describing that all "wanting to be Billy Mitchell", which I found amusing...

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
While he is right the rivalry is far too bitter. My local pub is mainly Palace and I can assure you that the Chairman's view is not that of his supporters, they hate us.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
These lads are most definitely old school.

But I have found even the younger lads express their animosity...When in a pub with the Millwall lads once, one of the youngsters explained his dislike for West Ham, describing that all "wanting to be Billy Mitchell", which I found amusing...

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Quite. It goes back to the ancient times, In fact 'Millwall' docks are still north of the river. My dad was a Millwall follower in the 1930s.

Danny Baker, who should know, regards the shirt of shame (something you'd put on only for charity and if lots of money was on offer) as the claret and blue.

It is interesting how, what some folk regard as imutable, traditions and hatreds fade and become replaced. In a couple of years, if we cling on and thrive in division 1 (yes, and you PL vs PMS pedants can **** off) our new teenage supporters may regard Reading or Stains or West Ham as our bitter avowed rivals. By then I'll probably be dead :lolol:

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Quite. It goes back to the ancient times, In fact 'Millwall' docks are still north of the river. My dad was a Millwall follower in the 1930s.

Danny Baker, who should know, regards the shirt of shame (something you'd put on only for charity and if lots of money was on offer) as the claret and blue.

It is interesting how, what some folk regard as imutable, traditions and hatreds fade and become replaced. In a couple of years, if we cling on and thrive in division 1 (yes, and you PL vs PMS pedants can **** off) our new teenage supporters may regard Reading or Stains or West Ham as our bitter avowed rivals. By then I'll probably be dead :lolol:

I always thought that Danny Baker bucked the trend among the Millwall support, as in he loathed Palace whereas the rest viewed West Ham as the number one enemy.

As for ourselves, the Palace rivalry is pretty much set in stone now and cannot really seeing that change in the future...And that is a good thing! I also certainly do not envisage a rivalry developing with any of the clubs you mentioned...Reading are a bit meh and if anything was going to happen with them it would have kicked-off a few years ago.

As for Southampton and West Ham, that would be pointless as they already have affections that are elsewhere...A bit like the laughable claim that Portsmouth used to be our main rivals. That said, there is obviously healthy rivalry among the four south coast clubs, which is cool...

Thimble Keegan
Rustington BHA

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here