Who's your favourite MLB team?

• Total voters

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Cubs lose in Denver at 12.40 am
Twins and Royals still playing at 2.00 am

You know the fuss we have at the Amex about people leaving early and whether they can get home. Imagine 2.00am!

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Cubs lose in Denver at 12.40 am
Twins and Royals still playing at 2.00 am

You know the fuss we have at the Amex about people leaving early and whether they can get home. Imagine 2.00am!

Literally just woke up, saw this game was still on and put it on! Fair play to all those still there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Had a great trip to see our beloved Rangers at The Orioles this month. Camden Yards a great Park and very knowledgeable crowd. Also caught the Mets against the Rockies whilst in NY - Mike Soscia number retirement night.
Rangers looking solid for the AL West, especially if we can get Holland/Lewis back in the rotation alongside Darvish and Hamels.
#NeverEverQuit

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Had a great trip to see our beloved Rangers at The Orioles this month. Camden Yards a great Park and very knowledgeable crowd. Also caught the Mets against the Rockies whilst in NY - Mike Soscia number retirement night.
Rangers looking solid for the AL West, especially if we can get Holland/Lewis back in the rotation alongside Darvish and Hamels.
#NeverEverQuit

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Would love to see a game at Camden yards only saw it from a distance when travelling through Baltimore. Rangers look set to win that division. I can't believe Cleveland Indians what a sporting year that city is having! Redsox on a great roll too! Phillies still clinching to a faint hope of a wildcard spot, although we have still massively improved on last year, only a few games behind the Marlins and mets in our division beating them and finishing 2nd/3rd in the division would be a fantastic season for us.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
When in Manhattan earlier in the month, came across a bar dedicated to the Giants, full of fans watching the game. Just 58 years after they left the city. And people say the US has no history!

PG

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
When in Manhattan earlier in the month, came across a bar dedicated to the Giants, full of fans watching the game. Just 58 years after they left the city. And people say the US has no history!

PG

Same year the Brooklyn Dodgers moved to LA - and there are many New Yorkers who still haven't forgiven them for that!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I just had a read through this, http://m.mlb.com/cutfour/2016/08/30/163682152/photos-9-of-the-coolest-players-from-the-1970s, looking for greatness.

I wasn't let down:-

gamble_h50qizdg_o4kruh9q.jpg

:bowdown: :afro: :bowdown:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Meanwhile the best stat we have to offer is the Best Road Record in the majors.

which is absolutely no consolation in a disappointing season (so far)

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Oh Dear! The Yankees are done. Stick a fork in them!

Losing 4 games at Fenway was the final nail in their coffin. They are a 500 team this year.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Oh Dear! The Yankees are done. Stick a fork in them!

Losing 4 games at Fenway was the final nail in their coffin. They are a 500 team this year.

Slightly disagree there, Orioles now have a series against the flying redsox and blue Jays are against the charging Mariners! Your only 4 games back, with the 2 current wild card teams up against very tough teams,not over yet!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Slightly disagree there, Orioles now have a series against the flying redsox and blue Jays are against the charging Mariners! Your only 4 games back, with the 2 current wild card teams up against very tough teams,not over yet!

Indeed, the Wild Card race is getting very tight. I'm still holding out hope that the Blue Jays can regain some form but it hasn't looked good recently. They finish their season with series against The Mariners, Yankees, Orioles, and Red Sox. All teams in the mix, not exactly an easy run-in

I was in Seattle a couple of days ago and caught a Mariners game. They're really trying to get behind their team, selling $8 tickets. Nice stadium too.

daves143

Soton Seagull
Apr 18, 2009
Southampton
Indeed, the Wild Card race is getting very tight. I'm still holding out hope that the Blue Jays can regain some form but it hasn't looked good recently. They finish their season with series against The Mariners, Yankees, Orioles, and Red Sox. All teams in the mix, not exactly an easy run-in

I was in Seattle a couple of days ago and caught a Mariners game. They're really trying to get behind their team, selling $8 tickets. Nice stadium too.

Wow if Jays schedule is brutal!! Exciting finish in store there! Mariners are the form tea to watch of late the AL is shaping up beautifully for a grande finally! NL is a little straight forward, think mets have 1 wild card spot, Giants, Cards,Pirates will take the other. Way Giants have slumped since the all star break il be surprised if they clinch it, they look out of sorts. I fancy the Cards to take it especially with Diaz back.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Boston Red Sox - because we went to Boston in 2003 (i think), and booked a game. Was the season they won the World Series. Fun experience.

May 14, 2015
After the trade deadline its amazing what the Yankees have done. The young guys from triple A have put us 4 (1 at one point) game back of the wild card after losing Miller, Chapman and Beltran. In 2018 when we sign Machado and Harper we will create another dynasty like the core four did. Watch this space

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Wow if Jays schedule is brutal!! Exciting finish in store there! Mariners are the form tea to watch of late the AL is shaping up beautifully for a grande finally! NL is a little straight forward, think mets have 1 wild card spot, Giants, Cards,Pirates will take the other. Way Giants have slumped since the all star break il be surprised if they clinch it, they look out of sorts. I fancy the Cards to take it especially with Diaz back.

I hope you're right. I fear you're not.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA

http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/mlb/standings/wildcard.jsp?ymd=20160920

Pirates out of the wild card race. 4.5 games behind StL & SF. The Marlins are closer than Pirates. Cardinals & Giants fighting for second wild card spot although either one or both could overtake the Mets. The Cubs/Cardinals series this weekend is a big one for the Cardinals. After the Giants get done with the Dodgers (2 more games) they play 4 matches against the Padres.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/mlb/standings/wildcard.jsp?ymd=20160920

Pirates out of the wild card race. 4.5 games behind StL & SF. The Marlins are closer than Pirates. Cardinals & Giants fighting for second wild card spot although either one or both could overtake the Mets. The Cubs/Cardinals series this weekend is a big one for the Cardinals. After the Giants get done with the Dodgers (2 more games) they play 4 matches against the Padres.

Giants win. Cardinals win. Mets lose. The NL wild card race is now completely even between three teams. Each of the contenders, Giants, Cardinals and Mets, have a record of 80-71. Two of the teams will play in the NL wild card playoff match. Which of the three teams will be edged out? Very exciting and reminds me of last season's "race" for the Premier League between BHAFC and Boro.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here