Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Your favourite ever comedian

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
I quite liked Jasper Carrot in his heyday. Some of the 'one liners' type comedians still make me chuckle.

..and one of two of our own NSC threads have had me in stitches too from time to time.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
My dad was kicked out of Butlins for abusing Bob Monkhouse he couldn't stand him..[emoji2]

Reminded me of a quote from Danny Baker's first......
tsa.JPG

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Lots, but if I've got to single one out, based on the fact he always makes me laugh, it's contemporary and it's Steve Coogan.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
The Pythons and Peter Cook and Dudley Moore
Of the contemporary ones who hasn't been mentioned I quite like Rhod Gilbert.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Reminded me of a quote from Danny Baker's first......
View attachment 89527
It was similar.. he got kicked out of the seat by us. Next thing, he appears up on the balcony shouting abuse with nobody else up there. Then got kicked out of the theatre. I was a little embarrassed, as he was very pissed and there was probably only 100 people in the audience, as I was 13 but bloody funny now. Thinking about it, the fact that it was Bob Monkhouse (famous), empty theatre, makes it all the more funny, to me.

Sent from my XT1072 using Tapatalk

227 BHA

Jul 5, 2003
Findon Valley, Worthing
Billy Connolly for me. Have seen him live 3 times - at the Albert Hall 25+ years ago, Hammersmith 10 years ago (when he had the audience in stitches before he even said anything, just by walking on the stage and laughing in that infectious way he has) and then last November at the Brighton Centre which sadly was probably his last tour so so glad I saw him. And although frail he hadn't lost it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The incomparable Peter Cook for me - the comedian's comedian.

He could do it all: monologues, sophisticated comedy with Dudley Moore, foul-mouthed and crude comedy with Dudley Moore, surrealist fantasies and biting, political satire - the parody of Justice Cantley was a highlight of British comedy.

One of the few public figures whose death genuinely upset me, he was a genuine comic genius.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The incomparable Peter Cook for me - the comedian's comedian.

He could do it all: monologues, sophisticated comedy with Dudley Moore, foul-mouthed and crude comedy with Dudley Moore, surrealist fantasies and biting, political satire - the parody of Justice Cantley was a highlight of British comedy.

One of the few public figures whose death genuinely upset me, he was a genuine comic genius.

Did he ever crack up like Dudley did? I can't recall a single sketch where he got the giggles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here