Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wimpy

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
With mates, we pushed the boat out as kids in the late 70's / early 80's, using the East Street Wimpy. After a shopping or cineman trip into town. Would stretch to a basic hamburger.

In these affluent times, there are kids virtually living on fast food.

This is true. A treat for a kid in the 50s or 60s as my old dad would say " you'll get an orange for Christmas".

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I worked in the Western Rd, East Street and Old Steine Wimpy's during the 70's - staff were fed "in house" - highlight of the day ...

Marvellous scenes ....

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
This thread has nostalgically suggested that I should seek out a Wimpy at the earliest opportunity.

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
Ah Wimpy, I still remember my Ghostbuster themed 7th birthday party at the Boundary Road branch that descended into a mini riot, albeit a happy one!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Something like 5 x cheeseburges and 5 shakes. Only thing disturbing my sleep pattern and concentration levels is that I may have had extra cheese and possibly fries with one of them.

Back in the day, you only owe about £10 then, bargain.
I used to wash up in the Tunbridge Wells Wimpy on a Friday and Saturday night sometime in the 80's
Probably the worst job I have ever had.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
I think went about 10 years ago, I remember it being there when I was in primary school but I think it's a Ladbrokes or William Hill now

I really should know that, there's a lot of charity shops along that stretch now

That was my local - couldn't afford it though growing up. First Wimpy I went to was in East Street Brighton.

The one in East Street went ages ago too, think it's a letting agents now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here