Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New fan!

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
Hi all.. New fan here, from right nearby in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. I have been watching the EPL since they started showing it in the States a few years ago, and went to a game at White Heart Lane during a business trip a couple of years ago. They have been my favorite team because of that, but I happen to work for American Express, so new favorite team! Still getting to know the team, and they probably won't get a ton of air time, but will be appointment viewing for me. Watched today's game on DVR, since I had things to do this morning. I also tried to order a home kit, but they only have adult small in stock right now. Keeping my eye on it though - will be fun to wear that around the office!

My viewing experience is probably different than most - games start at 4 AM here some weeks. Today's game was on at 9:30 AM. But, I love waking up and watching it before switching over to... whatever you all call American football. Also, fun fact, Phoenix has a second tier team (for now, trying to get MLS bid) and Didier Drogba is player and part owner - I have seen him play a few times.

Looking forward to keeping tabs on the season here with you!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I happen to work for American Express, so new favorite team!
A few of us have worked for them too. Shame you didn't get to watch/support us over the last couple of seasons, we were really good and got some great results. This year is going to be a lot harder.

Obviously the season runs from August to May, but this is a fun stat none the less:

2016-league-table-full.png

FYI - You hate Palace.

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
A few of us have worked for them too. Shame you didn't get to watch/support us over the last couple of seasons, we were really good and got some great results. This year is going to be a lot harder.

Obviously the season runs from August to May, but this is a fun stat none the less:

2016-league-table-full.png

FYI - You hate Palace.
That's who the Spurs beat when I went! [emoji16]

Dec 29, 2011
Have you paid your £14.99 yearly subscription yet? If you send it to me I'll be sure to pass it on to Bozza for you (NSC is fully of friendly people like this). PM me for my PayPal address.

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
I hope that you have at least a small measure of understanding of the English sense of humour, you’ll need it in here! :D

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
This is so great, we've got our very own @usasoccerguy :clap2:

"White Heart Lane", love it. Stick around fella, you are VERY welcome sir. Our new global reach makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I bloody love americans.

PTC Gull

Micky Mouse country.
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 17, 2017
Florida
Welcome. Wonder if we have enough of us here in the States or Canada to make a team?

gmabel830

Aug 12, 2017
This is so great, we've got our very own @usasoccerguy :clap2:

"White Heart Lane", love it. Stick around fella, you are VERY welcome sir. Our new global reach makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. I bloody love americans.
Crud.. I had it right and then changed it! 🤣

Crystal Palace are the very embodiment of Evil, they represent everything that is wrong about modern football.

They also hate America.

In fact they hate America so much that they kidnapped a Bald Eagle and make it preform degrading routines while they all point and laugh at it.

It is rumoured that the bald eagle, one of America's greatest symbols, has been threatened with beheading should it refuse.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Crystal Palace are the very embodiment of Evil, they represent everything that is wrong about modern football.

They also hate America.

In fact they hate America so much that they kidnapped a Bald Eagle and make it preform degrading routines while they all point and laugh at it.

It is rumoured that the bald eagle, one of America's greatest symbols, has been threatened with beheading should it refuse.

And they are twinned with Pyongyang Rovers

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Hi all.. New fan here, from right nearby in Phoenix, Arizona, USA. I have been watching the EPL since they started showing it in the States a few years ago, and went to a game at White Heart Lane during a business trip a couple of years ago. They have been my favorite team because of that, but I happen to work for American Express, so new favorite team! Still getting to know the team, and they probably won't get a ton of air time, but will be appointment viewing for me. Watched today's game on DVR, since I had things to do this morning. I also tried to order a home kit, but they only have adult small in stock right now. Keeping my eye on it though - will be fun to wear that around the office!

My viewing experience is probably different than most - games start at 4 AM here some weeks. Today's game was on at 9:30 AM. But, I love waking up and watching it before switching over to... whatever you all call American football. Also, fun fact, Phoenix has a second tier team (for now, trying to get MLS bid) and Didier Drogba is player and part owner - I have seen him play a few times.

Looking forward to keeping tabs on the season here with you!

That'll do nicely :thumbsup:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Supporting a team based on who sponsors them is a new one on me. Allowable for those outside Britain I guess so welcome aboard. If you were native to these isles an almighty rinsing would be in order.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
When you do come over and watch the Albion play at the Amex, its traditional to get a blue rinse, so you can fit in with the rest of the Albionites.
Or the first round is on you, with your own AE expenses card :cool:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
A lot of guys and girls from Sussex have gone and worked for Amex and settled in Phoenix and New York could L B put the picture on NSC which you put yesterday on Facebook, Do you still have the albion shirt that you got from a player at Chesterfield.:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here