Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Website and Loyalty Points (Club announcement, see post #158)

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
As I think I wrote somewhere on this thread, my assumption is that the ticketing system is not flexible enough to display only the value that is relevant to each fan, so STHs and non-STHs alike see both, which is only going to serve to confuse.

I guess that giving both sets of figures *could* allow the club to prioritise a match or two to non-STH ahead of STH with few points, although I can't see it happening.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
As I think I wrote somewhere on this thread, my assumption is that the ticketing system is not flexible enough to display only the value that is relevant to each fan, so STHs and non-STHs alike see both, which is only going to serve to confuse.

Not just confuse, but ENRAGE many, many people who will skim read the ticket release info, and rush frantically to buy tickets they are never going to get.

This system is a ****ing JOKE. It says tickets available for United away, available 9.00am Wednesday, to people with 300+ points. I've got 310 member points and it wont let me. Sack the ****ing board. :angry:

bhachris

Nov 20, 2011
I've been a continuous season ticket holder since the first year at the AMEX, but because I upgraded a couple of years ago to 1901, my old membership got cancelled and I only have 125 points now :angry:

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
I've only got 51 member points (bad fan, I know but do live nearly 300 miles away) so even with bronze membership to get some priority, I think that I'm unlikely to get any tickets at all.....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I've been a continuous season ticket holder since the first year at the AMEX, but because I upgraded a couple of years ago to 1901, my old membership got cancelled and I only have 125 points now :angry:

You would hope/expect that contacting supporter services would resolve cases such as these. The calculation has likely been programmatic and some human intervention would be required to correct anomalies. I'd pick the phone up and ask anyway...

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
The clubs PDF says "Number of consecutive seasons, prior to the current season" so I assume I don't get any for 17/18?

Must admit I had not seen that, I went by the example on the pdf which includes 17/8 renewal points...surely the continuous renewal points are applied at the point of renewal?

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
without having the read the whole of this thread, i've got two numbers. i'm a STH, which is the appropriate one? I guess the higher? are they added together maybe? thanks for any clarification!

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I've only got 51 member points (bad fan, I know but do live nearly 300 miles away) so even with bronze membership to get some priority, I think that I'm unlikely to get any tickets at all.....

Not so sure. I would be surprised if we took 3,000 fans to Burnley (but you never know).

bhachris

Nov 20, 2011
You would hope/expect that contacting supporter services would resolve cases such as these. The calculation has likely been programmatic and some human intervention would be required to correct anomalies. I'd pick the phone up and ask anyway...

I've sent them an email.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Sad that you lost out on some points for not having continuous season tickets but what can the club do? It gets too complicated other wise. Also, and with out getting all super fan on you, three away games and one cup game last season? There will be easily 3,000 people who attended more games than you, so I am not sure you have that much to complain about, really.

I don't understand how making it "how many seasons you've had a season ticket at The Amex" is more complicated than "how many consecutive seasons you've had a season ticket at The Amex". As I said, the rule that means they have to be consecutive seasons just punishes people for reasons that were out of their control. It's not just that it's screwed me over, it's a broken system. I said as much about how points worked for last year, despite them working in my favour last year.

I go to as many away games as I can reasonably afford to go to. In our L1 winning season I ended up going pretty much everywhere because the money I got for going to college paid for the train and beers, so I went to everything I could. JPT away at Northampton, Plymouth on a Tuesday etc. Last year I was still finding my feet financially so regular away games had to take a backseat. I have no problem with my points being lower because of that, it's how it should be. I just think the consecutive season rule is absolute horseshit

mattjl15

Mar 18, 2016
You should be fine. Don't forget our allocations will be bigger. We can ask for 3000 seats now rather than 1000-1300 ish

3000 or 10% of stadium capacity - what ever is lower.

Won't be getting more than 1200 for Bournemouth for example.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Have the Season tickets loyalty points already been added to our totals? I ask because of this, on the Loyalty Points info the club released:

Screen Shot 2017-07-07 at 12.17.29.png

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I don't understand how making it "how many seasons you've had a season ticket at The Amex" is more complicated than "how many consecutive seasons you've had a season ticket at The Amex". As I said, the rule that means they have to be consecutive seasons just punishes people for reasons that were out of their control. It's not just that it's screwed me over, it's a broken system. I said as much about how points worked for last year, despite them working in my favour last year.

I go to as many away games as I can reasonably afford to go to. In our L1 winning season I ended up going pretty much everywhere because the money I got for going to college paid for the train and beers, so I went to everything I could. JPT away at Northampton, Plymouth on a Tuesday etc. Last year I was still finding my feet financially so regular away games had to take a backseat. I have no problem with my points being lower because of that, it's how it should be. I just think the consecutive season rule is absolute horseshit

It is good to reward that loyalty though. Say we get relegated next year but then bounce straight back up, those who stick with the club in the championship will be at the front of the queue come promotion.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It is good to reward that loyalty though. Say we get relegated next year but then bounce straight back up, those who stick with the club in the championship will be at the front of the queue come promotion.

I guess the point is if you have had a season ticket for five out of the last six seasons but didn't in the fifth shouldn't you get more loyalty status than someone who first got one last season? Five seasons against one season suggests greater loyalty.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I guess that giving both sets of figures *could* allow the club to prioritise a match or two to non-STH ahead of STH with few points, although I can't see it happening.

Only if they renege on this pledge, contained in the PDF: "STHs will always receive top priority"

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

That's a good point, but people who have a season ticket in both the Premiership and the Championship would still have more points if it was done purely on how many seasons non-concurrently, surely?

I guess the point is if you have had a season ticket for five out of the last six seasons but didn't in the fifth shouldn't you get more loyalty status than someone who first got one last season? Five seasons against one season suggests greater loyalty.

Exactly.

If this is how the club want to do the point system, then fine, it's up to them. It's just frustrating that somebody who jumped on the bandwagon after we finished 3rd will be on a par with me, just because I couldn't afford a season ticket one year. People who have had a ST for every season at the Amex deserve more than me, I won't challenge that. However the fact that my season ticket for the first four years at Falmer count for sweet F.A is ridiculous.

It's a problem that will only get worse as well. It'll be interesting to see how people on here think when it's 2020, their kid is off travelling or off to uni and they're left with the dilemma of pay for a season ticket that might not be used or sacrifice 300-400 loyalty points.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I'd add another set of fans who may not be too happy. If you were a regular away attendee for the last few seasons, but only committed to a season ticket in the last season or two you could have a lot of member points but quite low season ticket points.

Under the previous system you would have been near the top of the queue for away tickets, now you are potentially near the bottom. So someone who was an away regular may now find they can't go to any. Potentially they could have gone to every away game for five seasons but can't go to a single one this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here