Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Blimey, I agree with Steve Parish!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I've met him and can confirm that he was a nice chap.

Moaned about how much money/wages Cardiff had paid for (someone I believe to be) Kenwyne Jones when Palace had been looking at him as well.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
We scored 3
You scored 1
Brighton take it on the chin
With a nick nack paddy whack give a dog a bone
Why don't Brighton stop for a pint before heading home

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Can't believe I'm saying this, but he's spot on.

The REMF game - and the context of Robert Eaton's tragic passing - has shown we can be strong rivals and yet realise there is no place in the world for hatred.

Expect plenty to disagree.

PG

From The Argus:

Chris Hughton is set to receive personal congratulations on promotion – from Albion’s biggest rivals.

Crystal Palace chairman Steve Parish will offer his best wishes this week.

But he has also warned against the potential “circus” of battles between Eagles and Seagulls in top flight.

The two teams are set to renew rivalries for the first time since the 2012-13 play-offs when Albion join the Premier League next season.

Parish told Palace’s in-house station Holmesdale Radio: “I’m actually going to an event with Chris Hughton this week and I’ll be congratulating him because he’s a very, very nice man.

“He’s done a fantastic job there, and that rivalry – if you don’t have a club that doesn’t like you then I don’t think you’re a proper football team really.

“I am looking forward to playing them but obviously it is a bit of a circus with all the all the things which go on around it, with the police and security.

“I just hope the fans take it in good heart. A rivalry is a great thing to have but, when it spills over into something else, that’s not what anybody wants to see.

“As long as we can all enjoy it and take it for what it is – a football rivalry, it’s not life and death - then I’ll enjoy it.”

Like all on this thread I think he has got it 100%.

Now, am I the only one who thinks the bit I highlighted in bold is a dig at Charlton for, you know...Having no rivals?

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Sensible words. In fairness most Palace fans are OK, they are not Pompey, Luton or Millwall. We do have a serious outstanding business though to sort out

I've always assumed anyone that refers to them as that as one of them, seen as it's their cutesy nickname.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
if you don’t have a club that doesn’t like you then I don’t think you’re a proper football team really.

If you have an account on a Reading, Bournemouth or Gillingham board, this would make the perfect signature*. :thumbsup:

*you don't have to admit it was Steve Parish who said it.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well said Mr Parish. I hope NSC can show the same level of tolerance every time a Palace fan posts something mildly insulting on here.

The Gem

Oct 17, 2008
I would rather stick pins in my eyes than talk to or associate with anyone who supports the Pikeys.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
This is all far too reasonable.

My dislike of Palace is by a country mile the most irrational one in my life. And I like it that way.

Take that one away with some newfangled détente and I'll have to channel it towards road rage or the French.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well said Mr Parish. I hope NSC can show the same level of tolerance every time a Palace fan posts something mildly insulting on here.
What? If we're tolerant on here, then the rivalry is dead.

I hate Palace. Shitty little cheating grotty club with no class or even self respect.

That doesn't mean I disagree with old blondie. I'll keep my hatred confined to posting here and singing about them at games. I've no problem with the Palace fans I meet, it's not their fault that their local club is so vile, and I almost admire them for supporting their club despite its endless shortcomings.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
What? If we're tolerant on here, then the rivalry is dead.

I hate Palace. Shitty little cheating grotty club with no class or even self respect.

That doesn't mean I disagree with old blondie. I'll keep my hatred confined to posting here and singing about them at games. I've no problem with the Palace fans I meet, it's not their fault that their local club is so vile, and I almost admire them for supporting their club despite its endless shortcomings.

Hahahahaha!!! Well said; I'll join in singing "you burn't your own town" as loud as I can when we play them, and laugh out loud at their every misfortune, but I'm not stupid enough to want to punch someone for wearing a red and blue bobble hat. I give Prince Charming a lot of credit for speaking about the rivalry like a reasonable human being.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
This love in needs to be bumped when the two fixtures roll around next season. We'll see if everyone is so pleasant and amenable then.

theboybilly

Like all on this thread I think he has got it 100%.

Now, am I the only one who thinks the bit I highlighted in bold is a dig at Charlton for, you know...Having no rivals?

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Westminster BHA

As a lad growing up in SE London it was always a Millwall -Charlton rivalry. Neither set of fans had much good to say about other London sides but this rivalry was above all others. A stabbing at a West Ham v Millwall match seems to have sparked something between the two sets of fans that I didn't think was really ever there before. I know Millwall's roots are in the East End and there may be a Docker's rivalry but Millwall and Charlton have been close neighbours for much, much longer.and have played each other many more times in their recent history. Palace v Charlton was only an issue in the week up to and during a match between the two - nobody at my secondary school for example supported them or even talked much about them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here