Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which nsc poster has gone the longest without watching the Albion live?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Until the Preston game last Saturday it was the Palace Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg - a run of over 3 years without attending a match - I have been abroad that whole time, except for the odd visit during the summer months.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
The last time we played Crewe :sheep: away (or possibly Tranmere :moo:away when Murray was sent off) - forget which. Anyway managed to miss all of Poyet, Garcia, Hyypia, and Hughton to date.

Bad fan :wrong:punish:

NEASTGULL

Sep 30, 2006
Gateshead
3277 Days between Millwall at Withdean on 07/09/07 and Newcastle on 27/08/16.

I did have season tickets at the Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean, and attended the majority of away games, however a combination of ill heath, lack of spare cash and family commitments have put paid to those days.

I guess that I am an awful fan as I have never been anywhere near the AMEX.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I haven't been at a game in the Amex since February 2015; I was however at the beamback for Boro. That's the longest gap since 2008 that I can remember and is entirely down to flights - but the late flight home is back from next weekend until the end of March.

3277 Days between Millwall at Withdean on 07/09/07 and Newcastle on 27/08/16.

I did have season tickets at the Goldstone, Gillingham and Withdean, and attended the majority of away games, however a combination of ill heath, lack of spare cash and family commitments have put paid to those days.

I guess that I am an awful fan as I have never been anywhere near the AMEX.

You gotta go at some point!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
according to some posters nibble confirmed he didnt like football and had no interest in the albion.
nibble must have dibs on this award purely for the fact he has never attended a game....(allegedly)

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
I'm just about to embark on a long break from the albion and the great mates I go with . Tuesday was my last game then I emigrate on Thursday to New Zealand! Be interesting to hear from people living abroad how you coped!

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
When I lived abroad I tried to match my business trips to the UK round Albion games but regularly went two months at at a time without seeing a game.

I too am interested to hear how current expats cope. My experience was scratching round live streams at 10 in the morning US time and praying you found a decent one. I always struggled with no football on Saturday afternoons and although I turned into a massive hockey fan, not even the Rangers at MSG could match the Amex on a Saturday afternoon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm probably in the 1% of regular posters who doesn't have a season ticket. I'm probably in in the 0.1% of regular users who haven't been to a game this season. It haunts my every waking hour.

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7634510 said:
Until the Preston game last Saturday it was the Palace Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg - a run of over 3 years without attending a match - I have been abroad that whole time, except for the odd visit during the summer months.

Until Preston and Wolves last week it was Withdean circa '07. To make up for my Pacific sojourn in the meantime (only 11 time zones away) I will be at Wigan and home for Norwich before donning the aloha shirt, grass skirt and paddling back in the outrigger canoe to warmer climes again.

Gotta say, going Up the Amex for the first time was absolutely brilliant. We are so lucky with our current setup -- that Mr. Bloom is a total legend.
:clap:

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
I'm just about to embark on a long break from the albion and the great mates I go with . Tuesday was my last game then I emigrate on Thursday to New Zealand! Be interesting to hear from people living abroad how you coped!
join seagulls over New Zealand

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here