Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stevan Jovetic

JimmyJayUK

Feb 20, 2014
How do you know this?

Also Gross said in an interview that he met with Paul Winstanly in Brighton over a year ago when we were in the championship... he obviously liked the club but waited until we got promoted before committing.

Gross really is a quality player.. prem standard for sure.

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Because they've said so. Both cited playing in premier league as reasons to make the move. And presumably wages too.

Yes because we are in the premier league, that what they would have been taught to say.

Whats not to say that a team like Villa or Middlesbrough came in and offered higher wages they wouldnt have gone to play in the Championship?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Yes because we are in the premier league, that what they would have been taught to say.
Whats not to say that a team like Villa or Middlesbrough came in and offered higher wages they wouldnt have gone to play in the Championship?

I've no idea but their expensive signings/wages are presumably geared to getting out of the Championship and being in the Prem again.
And i was disputing the OP who , for some reason, thinks we're spending "Obika" money on strikers. Thats ex Albion player (5 apps/subs, 0 goals) Obika who currently leads the line for Oxford Utd.
Gross and Ryan are at the peak of their careers, have played international football and regular football in the Bundesliga / La Liga .
Not sure why he thinks they're "geared to the Champ" but obviously he's irked about Albion's spending.

jameswestport

Sep 7, 2011
I've no idea but their expensive signings/wages are presumably geared to getting out of the Championship and being in the Prem again.
And i was disputing the OP who , for some reason, thinks we're spending "Obika" money on strikers. Thats ex Albion player (5 apps/subs, 0 goals) Obika who currently leads the line for Oxford Utd.
Gross and Ryan are at the peak of their careers, have played international football and regular football in the Bundesliga / La Liga .
Not sure why he thinks they're "geared to the Champ" but obviously he's irked about Albion's spending.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/81523/History/Mat-Ryan

I wouldn't call 10 caps regular

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Bloody hell. Tough crowd. Ok. What would you call Australia's #1 keeper who's been picked for all their fixtures in the last 12 months.

I was about to say this ... it depends when those caps were. If it was all of the last 12 games, then he 100% is a regular.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

Don Parasol

Jan 29, 2017
Obviously class and would be amazing...

Considering he's never been prolific during his career, do we think he would play as a lone striker in a 4-5-1, a no. 10 in the same formation, or one of a front two?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
When was the last time a footballer gave an honest frank interview without saying what the fans wanted to hear?

The Prawn Sandwich eating Man U fans may have not been too keen on Roy Keane?

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Bloody hell. Tough crowd. Ok. What would you call Australia's #1 keeper who's been picked for all their fixtures in the last 12 months.

Beating your head against a brick wall bud, I wouldn't bother. :thumbsup:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Surely this is not going to happen... I'd love it to happen...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Both these players are out of our price range. We are more the Obika end of the market. Most of the signings seem to be geared for back in the championship

You're conflating price and quality. It's wise not to. We'd be much more pleased with what we paid for Knockaert than Everton would be with what they paid for Naisee. There are countless other examples too. I don't think Neymar is worth what PSG are paying for him - in fact I don't think there'll ever a player worth that.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
This is bulls**t. Just sign a striker or we're doomed.

Just for you.

Bedwetters.JPG

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
The Prawn Sandwich eating Man U fans may have not been too keen on Roy Keane?

Good example, a very long time ago now. Players now adays have had training sessions on how to deal with the press, which always seems to end up with them saying the same things that they know will keep the fans happy and not cause controvesy.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good example, a very long time ago now. Players now adays have had training sessions on how to deal with the press, which always seems to end up with them saying the same things that they know will keep the fans happy and not cause controvesy.

I was just being pedantic. When you asked the question. It just got me thinking. Joey Barton and Ian Wright were probably in the same mould but I take your point about new players who have just been signed from abroad. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here