Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huge Dilemma

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Ah, right - so actually there's NO DILEMMA whatsoever.

If you'd genuinely like to do both, then you take your own car to the rugby (or wife drives you), play the match, rush to the Amex when you can, then re-join your rugby mates in the evening.

Don't play = letting down your team-mates hugely.
Not drinking after, with good reason = not letting down anybody.
I think this is going to be the best course of action here.......win the game, lift the trophy, quick beer and hot foot it to the Amex, celebrate promotion and then back to the clubhouse for more celebrations.
It may mean missing some of the 1st half and hopefully the stewards will still allow me in, but at least I can say I was there for both !

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Ah, right - so actually there's NO DILEMMA whatsoever.

If you'd genuinely like to do both, then you take your own car to the rugby (or wife drives you), play the match, rush to the Amex when you can, then re-join your rugby mates in the evening.

Don't play = letting down your team-mates hugely.
Not drinking after, with good reason = not letting down anybody.

This is the correct/only answer

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
So the date is April 29th 2017, it's The Albions last home game of the season and in all probability a promotion party should be in full swing............but it's also my rugby team (of which I'm captain) finest hour as we feature in the County Cup final, and at my age possibly my last chance to lift some silverware.
I'm also top scorer, and have helped coach the team all season, a team created out of nothing at the start of this season from a load of complete newbies and some seasoned old vets, to say I'm proud of what we've achieved would be an understatement.
So what do I do ? I love the Albion but a cup final is a cup final ?
NSC help me decide !

The team comes first. You run out with your boys.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I think you should let your team mates down.

no-i-in-team-but-there-s-a-you-in-f-ck-you-funny-art-poster-print.jpg

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think this is going to be the best course of action here.......win the game, lift the trophy, quick beer and hot foot it to the Amex, celebrate promotion and then back to the clubhouse for more celebrations.
It may mean missing some of the 1st half and hopefully the stewards will still allow me in, but at least I can say I was there for both !
Well if that's your plan, just make sure you get to the AMEX by half time, or there is significant risk of not getting in, particularly given the stewards will be under stress about pitch invasions etc.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

If I were you I would email the club to explain the situation so they will let you in if you end up running a bit late as they do get a bit stroppy about letting people in after half time.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Has to be the rugby, you can't let your team mates down. And you're the ****ing captain!

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
So the date is April 29th 2017, it's The Albions last home game of the season and in all probability a promotion party should be in full swing............but it's also my rugby team (of which I'm captain) finest hour as we feature in the County Cup final, and at my age possibly my last chance to lift some silverware.
I'm also top scorer, and have helped coach the team all season, a team created out of nothing at the start of this season from a load of complete newbies and some seasoned old vets, to say I'm proud of what we've achieved would be an understatement.
So what do I do ? I love the Albion but a cup final is a cup final ?
NSC help me decide !

Never put your own sporting achievements behind that of being a supporter. I'd play my own final every day of the week.

Last edited:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
This depends on priorities, if it were me I'd do the following:

2.30 OK, 3.10 (ish) HT
3.20 2nd Half
4 FT
4.30 Trophies presented
4.31 say bye to your mates and get yourself over to The Amex (the only compromise)
5.15 arrive at the Amex
5.16 Grab a pint
5.30 KO

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
It's being played at Uckfield 2.30 KO provided no extra time is needed....it's possible, dependant on the length of time the official stuff after takes.
But if we win there's a lot of drinking to be done, in keeping with rugby tradition ....plus the club have layed on a coach to take us there and back.

Play the game, win, start drinking, get the coach to drop you off near The Amex, continue drinking, get the party to come to The Amex with your cup for 7.30 after the game.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
PLAY. Don't get old without giving everything you've got for your team-mates.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here