Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jonathan Calleri

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Never played in Europe.

Pretty significant in multiple World Cups though, and never had to resort to cheating in any of them.

In terms of Europe very few top South American players played there in the 60's, mainly because at that time their own national leagues were on a par.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Bozzas comment in another thread suggested we might not go to the figure Watford would want for him

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
A deal will happen in the next 48hrs

wsj2_YeF.jpeg

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
But Brighton fans must temper their excitement.

Just two days ago this is what Calleri said to the Spanish speaking publication Vavel about his future, with no clue toward an English switch, let alone to Brighton:

"I knew that I would not be sold and I did not want to go. I want to win the title, I feel comfortable here.

"I have three more years contract with the club. In the future I would get to the Italian League, resembles my style of play. My desire is to play at Inter Milan. "

It would of course be a fantastic signing which would signify the ambition of the Sussex club but for now Brighton fans must remain calm.

If it does come off however, then all bets are off.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/08/2...athan-calleri-made-his-intentions-clear-this/

http://www.vavel.com/ar/futbol/bocajuniors/531916-jonathan-calleri-me-quede-para-salir-campeon.html

The Argentinian article quotes him as saying that, but talks of the likelihood of him leaving as Boca cannot turn down offers that meet their valuation. It appears that the feeling is he will leave. Which really takes me back to the only question that I think is a block. Would he come here ? If he's happy to do so, then they will sell by January.

Here's the original article:

http://www.ole.com.ar/boca-juniors/futbol/titulo_0_1416458369.html

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Still think we'll have a decent signing before Tuesday's deadline. Suppose it's too much to think that Calleri would transfer to live in Sussex without seeing and facilities, area or Stadium etc. before Tuesday evening.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
The fact that we are interested in him shows the massive improvement in our scouting network over the past year. It's a shame that a deal will be done but it was always a long shot and there is still time and funds to bring in one more top class player in the next two days.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Crap at embedding tweets but a jurno from Buenos Aires says Boca won't sell until after December and we'll 'try again' at the end of the year.

https://twitter.com/HectorAHeredia?lang=en-gb

Seems to fit with the 'December' thing the Argentine press was talking about. Sadly by then the bigger fish will have entered the pond. Still, great desire and ambition by Albion.

In all honesty, I don't think he wanted to come here. I think they would have sold otherwise.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The fact that we are interested in him shows the massive improvement in our scouting network over the past year.
No it doesn't.
It shows a massive improvement in the amount of money the club is prepared to spend.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If he does sign Is it guaranteed he would get a work permit to play here??

It was reported that he had an application in process for an EU passport, based on his Italian ancestry.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
It is possible Boca are holding out for 11million dollars and so have made noises about him not leaving til December. It gives them longer to get a better price and start a bidding war or Tony has to come up with more cash!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here