Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Club insensitivity re crimes of state of Israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Dear Mr Barber,
As a Catholic I am appalled that BHA continues it's sectarian agenda by continuing to wear blue. Every day marks the anniversary of a catholic being murdered in the name of Protestant hatred. How can you talk about 'togetherness' when the club continues to flaunt the ideals of a brutal regime that has murdered and oppressed the Catholic faith for hundreds of years. You might as well dye the pitch blue and burn an effigy of the Pope before every game. I will expect a public statement of apology before you resign.

Signed,
Knobby Fromage.

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Here's my email to Paul Barber
Dear Mr Barber,

I am an Albion supporter of almost 50 years standing and a season ticket holder for over 15 years. I was surprised to find calendar images for May of Brighton’s Israeli players Tomer Hemed and Beram Kayal. I am aware that Hemed is Jewish & Kayal Palestinian by birth, that both came through the ranks together at Macabi Haifa and the pair are on the most cordial terms.

As you may well be aware May 2018 marks the founding of the modern state of Israel. The enforced expulsion of over 700,000 Palestinians from their homes and lands which followed is known by them as the Nakba or Great Catastrophe. The subsequent history of the Israeli state is one of the brutal repression of Palestinians in Gaza, continued settlement building in the West Bank and an apartheid regime for those Palestinians still residing within Israel. This oppression is illegal under international law and has been condemned in UN resolutions too numerous to mention.

During recent events in Gaza unarmed protesters claiming their UN mandated rights to return home have been fired upon with high calibre live ammunition by the Israeli army (somewhat disingenuously known as the Israeli ‘Defence’ Force). At time of writing over 40 Palestinians have been killed and thousands wounded. Casualties include clearly marked journalists and paramedics.

Brighton & Hove Albion is a club I have been proud to support, the city’s cosmopolitan culture and tolerance being reflected in its fan base. I find it difficult to understand how the club could be so insensitive over a matter of this kind. I feel a public statement of apology re this month’s featured players would be appropriate. I look forward to your reply.

I'm of middle-eastern / Arab heritage.

You, are a ****ing c*** .

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
This is either top level fishing with an expertly formed bait.....

Or the OP is so stupid that they've brainwashed themselves into believing this nonsense and then decided to broadcast their stupidity to the world.

Either way it's quite impressive.

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
As far as I'm concerned, all arguments over race, religion, nationality and politics should be left at home when we come together to support the Albion. This is our common cause and I couldn't care less what colour people are or what their religious beliefs are if they are connected to our Club as fans, players or board members. Our passion for the Albion is what unites us. We are Blue, we are White, we are f***ing dynamite. End of.:bhasign:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think the OP has done brilliantly to stop everyone talking endlessly about Bong / Rodriguez / Burnley for five minutes if nothing else

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Anyway.... happy Lag BaOmer, everyone!!!!1

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Can I still take my enormous swastika flag...it's like the one the lads at CSKA Moscow wave.

On the Fuhrers death day we could all honour him by wearing little moustaches and goose stepping around WSL.

That would let Bloom,Kayal and Hemed know what we think of them.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Here's my email to Paul Barber
Dear Mr Barber,

I am an Albion supporter of almost 50 years standing and a season ticket holder for over 15 years. I was surprised to find calendar images for May of Brighton’s Israeli players Tomer Hemed and Beram Kayal. I am aware that Hemed is Jewish & Kayal Palestinian by birth, that both came through the ranks together at Macabi Haifa and the pair are on the most cordial terms.

As you may well be aware May 2018 marks the founding of the modern state of Israel. The enforced expulsion of over 700,000 Palestinians from their homes and lands which followed is known by them as the Nakba or Great Catastrophe. The subsequent history of the Israeli state is one of the brutal repression of Palestinians in Gaza, continued settlement building in the West Bank and an apartheid regime for those Palestinians still residing within Israel. This oppression is illegal under international law and has been condemned in UN resolutions too numerous to mention.

During recent events in Gaza unarmed protesters claiming their UN mandated rights to return home have been fired upon with high calibre live ammunition by the Israeli army (somewhat disingenuously known as the Israeli ‘Defence’ Force). At time of writing over 40 Palestinians have been killed and thousands wounded. Casualties include clearly marked journalists and paramedics.

Brighton & Hove Albion is a club I have been proud to support, the city’s cosmopolitan culture and tolerance being reflected in its fan base. I find it difficult to understand how the club could be so insensitive over a matter of this kind. I feel a public statement of apology re this month’s featured players would be appropriate. I look forward to your reply.
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] would now be a good time to finally launch a political/current affairs section to separate this sort of shit from football discussion?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] would now be a good time to finally launch a political/current affairs section to separate this sort of shit from football discussion?

I'd worry there wasn't enough football talk to sustain the board :ohmy:

Tweeting Seagull

Mar 27, 2018
Worthwhile asking Barber what exactly? And when you say "interesting topic" the topic was the alleged disgrace of Albion printing the picture of two Israelis of different religions on the calendar page for May.

Yes it’s a topic that should be discussed and interesting to understand why they have made the decision to say what the do.

I think we should recognise the conflict is a complex subject that most don’t fully understand. It’s up Barber and the club to justify why it does things and takes account of these thing. Might simple be unintentional ignorance on the subject, might be thier stance as they’re are arguments on both sides. Not up to me to say.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
36 posts in 15 years suggests 1 of 2 things , your the strong silent type or a complete bellend i would do a poll but i think i know the result ,i suggest you do away with that 20th century keyboard comrade thinking and get involved in more important things on NSC like how do i park my car and make pancakes at the same time kind of thread .

tumblr_nen5kpnNQK1rrx588o1_500.gif

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Hang on, if we're complaining about the calendar, we should be complaining in no uncertain terms that out of 22 player photos plus Chris Hughton, there is NO PHOTO OF GAETAN BONG!

Racist ********

The biggest Joke of the Calendar is Solly wasnt used for the Month of March! what a ****ing disgrace!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Might simple be unintentional ignorance on the subject, might be thier stance as they’re are arguments on both sides. Not up to me to say.

Might also be because Beram and Tomer are good friends and, I believe, share a birthday which just happens to be in May.

I think some people vastly overthink and overcomplicate what is probably an incredibly simple matter.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

I'm seriously considering splitting the board up in the Summer...

- Sport
- Everything else

Even though I rarely open up the myriad of political binfests, I've had enough of them.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

- Sport
- Everything else

Even though I rarely open up the myriad of political binfests, I've had enough of them.

In not surprised, the anger and angst on this board towards so called fellow fans has reached extremely high levels and none of this angst is ever to do with sport!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

- Sport
- Everything else

Arrrggggghhhhhhhhh don't do it.

As much as I see your 'had enough' and raise you 'sick to the back teeth' you can't split The Big Board.

If you insist just consign 'Politics' to it's own subsection and tell the mods to stop debauching their way round Sussex and get tough on those flouting that rule.

How about a thread with a poll, everybody loves a pole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here