Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Winter Transfer Business

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Is Tony Blooms and the clubs criminal lack of quality transfer activity ("we're well ahead of the game" TB tm) what could well send us down? Leon Best the answer to our dire strike force lol? We have a terrible selection of fit players and disastrous summer signings, yet have totally failed to strengthen. I think a small manager honeymoon period has totally fooled the club that we had enough and now we're going right to the div 1 wire. A 1 point swing till May in Millwalls favour and we're toast.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
What worries me, is that we sold about £10m worth of players before the start of the season, and replaced them with sh*t ones.

At the end of this season, we won't sell anyone for anything near that. So the 'incomings' may be even cheaper this year.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Tony has invested £200million+ According to latest fianances.

To call that criminal makes you sound like an idiot, which I'm not sure was your intention? Care to rephrase?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think TB wrote off the chance of a successful season in early November , a case of now plodding along and avoiding relegation before the massive overhaul over the summer.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Tony has invested £200million+ According to latest fianances.

To call that criminal makes you sound like an idiot, which I'm not sure was your intention? Care to rephrase?

Where on earth have I said TBs investment overall has been criminal? I said our transfer business this winter. Saying that last summer was probably even worse. Comprende? If we go down we're pretty much where we started under his tenure in Div 1 so all that squad investment (not stadium) and general management will look pretty shocking.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Why the hyperbole use of criminal then? As if £2m for Baldrick and £1m for Stocktake is criminal expenditure as you've implied?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Why the hyperbole use of criminal then? As if £2m for Baldrick and £1m for Stocktake is criminal expenditure as you've implied?

Think you're on a wind up but said criminal lack of activity. I mentioned nothing about criminal expenditure but If you want to go there I'd say Baldock has been a disgusting waste of money and stocktake is a laughable excuse of a 1 million pound (our most expensive ever by far) goalie. Think you're down with that anyway?

Steve in Japan

NSC Patreon
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
TB is a much smarter gambler than most, but much as I hope to be proved wrong, we are on the top of a very slippery slope. Not splashing the cash in January could come back and haunt us. The man is already invested to the tune of what 200 million, the only way he sees any of that back is by spending a few more million. We are going to carry on losing more money otherwise, as we are now. I know the FFP issue is there but I hope that Hughton and Barber find some savings to enable some more investment and soon.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm still surprised at how many on here persist in the belief that we have a decent squad. But hey ho, all about opinions I suppose. :shrug:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Think you're on a wind up but said criminal lack of activity. I mentioned nothing about criminal expenditure but If you want to go there I'd say Baldock has been a disgusting waste of money and stocktake is a laughable excuse of a 1 million pound (our most expensive ever by far) goalie. Think you're down with that anyway?

Probably better value out there it's true to say. Stockdale has been ok. Baldrick may be more of a victim of Samis system, started to show promise before injury. But that's football. Far greater sums have been wasted

Northstandfan

Dec 14, 2014
Mid sussex
What worries me, is that we sold about £10m worth of players before the start of the season, and replaced them with sh*t ones.

At the end of this season, we won't sell anyone for anything near that. So the 'incomings' may be even cheaper this year.

At the end of the season the only players worth selling for anything like a decent fee are the two we rely on most Dunk and Ince, if we go down we will lose them anyway. The rest are average at best and now half of them are to old and well past their best and need to go.
I wish I could say that I believe we will strengthen but I cant see it as buying from league 1 is not strengthening, we had all the "judge us in September" stuff and all we got rubbish, heard the same thing about judging at the end of the Jan transfer window and again one signing (how could be good).

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
On tonight's evidence Kayal will be a £1m+ player by the end of the season.
I think we may have got an absolute steal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here