Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] MUFC home moved ?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Just heard via Hangleton Rangers youth staff that they have cancelled their summer tournament at Waterhall because Sky are moving Albion’s home game from Saturday May 5th to Sunday May 6th.

Whilst it wouldn’t surprise me, I doubt a youth football team would have been told that far in advance of fixture changes that the Premier League won’t be announcing until early April!

Maybe they are just taking precautions?

Stumpy Tim

Just heard via Hangleton Rangers youth staff that they have cancelled their summer tournament at Waterhall because Sky are moving Albion’s home game from Saturday May 5th to Sunday May 6th.

Whilst it wouldn’t surprise me, I doubt a youth football team would have been told that far in advance of fixture changes that the Premier League won’t be announcing until early April!

Maybe they are just taking precautions?

Yep, we received that email a couple of weeks ago. It said it was "likely", but not definite

Shirley Seagull

Aug 22, 2015
I am (was!) Hangleton Rangers tournament chairman this year.

We have no insider info on Sky coverage. We just can't risk spending money on printing programmes and booking road closures etc only to have to cancel at short notice if the match is moved (which is quite likely I think).

It's a real loss to us, a big fundraiser for both us and The Teen Cancer Trust. I also know a lot of NSC'ers have attended with their kids in the past.

Hopefully we will be back next year, better than ever!

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I am (was!) Hangleton Rangers tournament chairman this year.

We have no insider info on Sky coverage. We just can't risk spending money on printing programmes and booking road closures etc only to have to cancel at short notice if the match is moved (which is quite likely I think).

It's a real loss to us, a big fundraiser for both us and The Teen Cancer Trust. I also know a lot of NSC'ers have attended with their kids in the past.

Hopefully we will be back next year, better than ever!

Makes sense. Though I suppose the match might be on the Friday or Monday but it’s impossible to know before April 6th I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here