Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chris Hughton - isn't he bombproof in any circumstances this season?

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Who does TB replace him with?

Didn't I see somewhere recently that a much praised young manager was sacked very recently from Watford? Better hurry, I see Southampton may be in for him soon.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
TB will stick with CH an give him every opportunity to succeed, but if there is clearly no headway to be made TB will do something about it and it will be handled with dignity and respect for services rendered.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Hughton has been forced to be defensive due to the quality of the squad.
He is a realist who makes the best of the talent at his disposal.

In his first full season with us, he was frequently lambasted for his overly negative approach to away fixtures.
We had too many away draws for many on this board.
This started to change when the quality of players at his disposal improved, eventually leading to our (nearly) all conquering team of last year.

The same approach is being taken here.
Assess the quality of players available.
Identify what the realistic target is for the squad.
Play the tactics necessary to achieve that target.

CH is a very capable manager and not averse to playing attacking exciting football.
When he is given the tools, he will deliver.

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
I cannot see CH being dismissed but I can see him resigning. He has been here a good while now and he might like a different challenge. Have we reached his ceiling ?. All I would say to you doubters is 'be careful what you wish for'.

With all due respect, I don't think resigning is an option with today's stupid contracts, it is the only industry that a Manager walks away with a massive pay off for failing in his mission that I am sure he sold at the interview and thereafter, I'm sure there has been (I really can't be bothered to try checking) a manager who has walked away from his job (resigned in other words) but it is very rare! however badly the team is performing (Bob Bradley Swansea comes to mind) they still keep saying they can turn it around..............Can I just say, from a personal point of view (and probably most others on here) NO ONE IS WISHING for CH to go, everyone wants what is best for their beloved Brighton & Hove Albion, the club that in my case I have supported for some 48 years, Please remember, in the vast majority of cases, Managers and Players are NOT fans / supporters of the club that they WORK for! it is a massive difference. It is as much as a results driven business as any other business is, I don't know how many millions exactly that Tony Bloom has invested into this club but one thing I am positive is, he did not invest the amount he did to see 14k or 15k people rattling about in the Amex if we were to be playing lower level football, no disrespect to my example here, but how many will turn up if we were (god forbid!) to be playing mid table championship football against Burton Albion on a wet dull Saturday afternoon, I can guarantee you one thing, it won't be 31k.

I am very aware, because of where I live and I do know certain people within the club, that Swansea are literally crapping themselves (The board forget the fans for a minute) because Championship football is looming! they are completely commercially aware of the difficulties that present them in trying to get back out of the championship, trying to hold onto players, trying to fill the Liberty Stadium every other week IF you are not right at the top of the championship fighting for promotion, It is a "dog eat dog" world out there and I think you will find, regardless of what the fans think, the board will try and do what is best for the club (in most cases! if anyone wants to start the Bellotti years and Wrexham etc etc then carry on but for Brighton & Hove Albion thankfully those days are behind us!) The future of the club is what matters, not any individuals, in my opinion.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good post that shows that on the face of it the recruitment team need to act very quick, in the next 7 days, to stop our decline and fall back into the Championship.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here