Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Calamity Dunk!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Not at all but I dont thik Dunk should get the flack if it wasnt him. It appears from others that it was in fact Dunk. The fact that I consder Calderon well past it to start a game has nothing whasoever to do with it.

[tweet]685848840960917504[/tweet]

[tweet]685848828814225408[/tweet]

[tweet]685848814876528644[/tweet]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I can only assume he's regretting not opting for the Fulham move. If this has affected his game, his game has affected his chances of another bid. This is probably affecting his game. And on and on. If all this is true then he is FINISHED.

The club should think about sending him to a sports psychologist. Perhaps they already are. He was immense last season. We need him back, not teetering towards the reserves. Not on his salary and duration of contract.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I can only assume he's regretting not opting for the Fulham move. If this has affected his game, his game has affected his chances of another bid. This is probably affecting his game. And on and on. If all this is true then he is FINISHED.

The club should think about sending him to a sports psychologist. Perhaps they already are. He was immense last season. We need him back, not teetering towards the reserves. Not on his salary and duration of contract.

He was immense under Sami, and then good for the second part of last season. This season he has been making basic errors which cannot be excused by his age or inexperience - his errors are very very basic ones. Unfortunately he isn't good enough for us - has the ability but not the character

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He was immense under Sami, and then good for the second part of last season. This season he has been making basic errors which cannot be excused by his age or inexperience - his errors are very very basic ones. Unfortunately he isn't good enough for us - has the ability but not the character
Hes only any good when playing with a leader like Greer/Upson.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Dunk is, and always has been prone to making at least one mistake per game. Vastly overrated by many on here perhaps because he had a lot of potential but he is now an experienced championship centre back and shouldn't be making the mistakes he does. As I said at the time, as soon as Fulham offered 4m we should've taken their hand off.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Dunk is, and always has been prone to making at least one mistake per game. Vastly overrated by many on here perhaps because he had a lot of potential but he is now an experienced championship centre back and shouldn't be making the mistakes he does. As I said at the time, as soon as Fulham offered 4m we should've taken their hand off.

Yes but nobody will offer anything like that now, and he's on a long contract. So the club needs to find out what's wrong, and fix it. Doing nothing (& keep picking him), dropping him or selling him for peanuts (or both) is not an option.

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
[MENTION=29619]sussex_guy2k2[/MENTION] will probably still blame Greer. We would of been so much better off had we sold Dunk in the summer.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
He has had spells when he's been superb, perhaps it's fatigue? I'd be looking to give him a break regardless.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
Yes but nobody will offer anything like that now, and he's on a long contract. So the club needs to find out what's wrong, and fix it. Doing nothing (& keep picking him), dropping him or selling him for peanuts (or both) is not an option.

I realise we wouldn't get anything like that money now, I wasn't suggesting we sell him for a handful of magic beans either. What I was saying and I have been saying for ages is that he's overrated , was never worth what Fulham offered and we should've grabbed their offer with both hands. I agree that Dunk needs a spell out of the side to get himself right and maybe fulfill the potential he clearly had

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
[MENTION=29619]sussex_guy2k2[/MENTION] will probably still blame Greer. We would of been so much better off had we sold Dunk in the summer.

:ffsparr: don't worry, I'll add it to the Dunk list of mistakes (and they are lists of mistakes for both players at this stage lol). Not that I've seen the goal, but everything I've heard says it was his fault.

D

Deleted member 2719

He drives me crazy with his late lunges, sometimes he reads the ball so so early and then he reads it late and ends up fouling. Could it be his stance always rocking back on his heals ???
He does have talent let's hope he can turn it around.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
What IS Colin Calderwood doing with him? As a former centre back, and fairly cultured too having played for Spurs and Scotland, you'd think he'd have the experience to bring him on, but the opposite seems to be happening.

This is a fascinating casebook example of how a player's mistakes were largely ignored by most fansite commentary when he was a youngster establishing himself in the team but now sentiment has turned against him apparently he can do no right. Think he needs fairer treatment than this. If Hughton does rest him (maybe the right thing), I think it won't be long before his positive qualities gets him back.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here