Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

iPhone 6 / iPhone 6 Plus / Apple Watch

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I was excited about this until the leaked pictures from iCloud surfaced.
I just don't want hackers leaking pictures of my gooch to the press.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It'll be such a novelty having an enormous screen, for a while, then you'll yearn for a smaller device. I've just just returned to having a regular sized smartphone as the larger screen was, quite frankly, unnecessary.
Surely apple don't do big phones as Steve Jobs said he hated them, they looked like skateboards and apple had already found the 'perfect' size with iPhone. Or not.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
The best phone I ever had.

nokia3510i.gif

Currently on sale in tesco for £59. Great little phone and as good as my other smart phones I have had apple/Samsung etc

!! Their website still says £119 (which is still a steal for what it does). At £59 I would be almost inclined to buy another one and keep it in its box until mine packs up. Anyone got an objective view on what an iPhone does that this (and presumably other smart phones) can't do to make them such a "must have"?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Oh FFS - people are queuing already.

I am just going outside and may be some time.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was hoping the announcement would be something along the lines of opportunities for their employees.

Maybe not.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/26/b...for-workers-in-china.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

That article is over two and a half years old. Apple lead the way in employee welfare - https://www.apple.com/supplier-responsibility/labor-and-human-rights/

Do use a Samsung? http://www.nytimes.com/2014/07/11/b...und-working-at-samsung-supplier-in-china.html

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
However...

Neither link works on me Samsung for unobvious reasons.

Have Apple sorted out their suicide problem? The company statement will, of course, point towards doing the right thing, but multinationals have been doing that for years.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Really looking forward to this...

I expect the iWatch to have a slot for a sim card, so it will be a capable standalone device, capable of viewing photos and videos from Facebook, making and receiving calls as well as being a reliable reminder for taking of medication, or reminders about your work day. However, I expect a big part of the presentation to push the health / fitness capabilities. Probably a 8gb hard drive with two screen sizes and will be priced around £329 and £399.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Can someone enlighten me on what happened last time?

they released a phone that caught up with the competition and a "budget" version that cost twice as much as other budget phones. the biggest story was they completly redesigned the look and feel of the UI from somthing pretty decent to a confusing and flat icon set.

Really looking forward to this...

I expect the iWatch to have a slot for a sim card, so it will be a capable standalone device, capable of viewing photos and videos from Facebook, making and receiving calls as well as being a reliable reminder for taking of medication, or reminders about your work day. However, I expect a big part of the presentation to push the health / fitness capabilities. Probably a 8gb hard drive with two screen sizes and will be priced around £329 and £399.

you just described a 2x4" device. or, a phone on a wrist strap. imagine having to hold you arm as if to read the time for several minutes... try it. you reckon anyones going to watch video, or do anything that requires more than a second or two glance?

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
!! Their website still says £119 (which is still a steal for what it does). At £59 I would be almost inclined to buy another one and keep it in its box until mine packs up. Anyone got an objective view on what an iPhone does that this (and presumably other smart phones) can't do to make them such a "must have"?

I think it is in store only but I genuinely saw some priced at that, they are clearing firm new stock.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Aaarrgh, bloody sunlight, anything going on........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here