Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Not government policy cocker,a vote where one side lost and one side won,only a dictator would dismiss that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Government Policy is that they will not ask us if we like the deal or not, that is what the march was about, not asking them to stop Brexit.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
And you honestly think your little dig about democracy is in no way totally hypocritical then?
A democratic vote has taken place and and leave won...end of!
You laughably try and argue that because you don't like the result any effort to derail the original result is 'Democratic' because you think your moral horse is higher?

At what point does "end of!" finish and we are allowed to make a democratic choice again then?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You've answered a question with a different question. You stated remainers were still in a minority. If so the result won't change but the circumstances surrounding Brexit now all but demand it. Are you saying the 2017 General Election shouldn't have taken place because the 2015 one was perfectly adequate. At which point does a democratic vote become binding for all time?

Well we were forced to wait 40+ years to correct the mistake made in 1975 so I'd suggest the next referendum on this could take place in 40 years or so.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It is high, and very high.

Vote Leave broke the law. That is an established fact. Lies were told and then laughed off as we didn't really mean it.

I have a great big moral high horse. Well said.

It's worth pointing out the EC are still investigating the Remain campaign so there is still a chance that your very high moral horse might become a donkey.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Not sure why people are moaning about people's right to march against something they don't want. Brexiters can march as well can't they?

Are people against free speech or worried that they would lose a second vote?

Surely the 17 Million who voted for it as opposed to to the 16 Million people who voted against (who no one cares about because they LOST) will would vote it through again? :shrug:
The gap was nearly 2.5 million not 1 million by the way:D
No people are not worried and people knew what they were voting for !!
Most are marching because they can't accept the result and they're a bunch of pampered pussies.Do people go and March every time there's a close vote which is nearly every democratic vote we have?everybody knew the In/Out vote would be close and we all knew what in and out was....nobody cares about all this pumped up media/scaremongering shite anymore as we had enough of that with the remain campaigners.
Just get out ASAP and then we can finally get moving....it's only out of hand because it's been dragged on and we have a useless government.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Well we were forced to wait 40+ years to correct the mistake made in 1975 so I'd suggest the next referendum on this could take place in 40 years or so.

You lost, get over it. Democracy ended in 1975, no more votes.

You can’t just keep wanting referendums until you get your result.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The gap was nearly 2.5 million not 1 million by the way:D
No people are not worried and people knew what they were voting for !!
Most are marching because they can't accept the result and they're a bunch of pampered pussies.Do people go and March every time there's a close vote which is nearly every democratic vote we have?everybody knew the In/Out vote would be close and we all knew what in and out was....nobody cares about all this pumped up media/scaremongering shite anymore as we had enough of that with the remain campaigners.
Just get out ASAP and then we can finally get moving....it's only out of hand because it's been dragged on and we have a useless government.

WE STILL DONT KNOW WHAT OUT MEANS - that’s the whole ****ing point!

Please tell me exactly what deal we’re getting if you know then? Or let me guess, you can’t.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I can’t help but think that Jacob Reece mogg was right when he spoke in Parliament some time ago about a vote once the deal was sorted. Granted, he has changed his mind, but they do that.

Staggered anyone can argue we knew what we were voting for when we still don’t know what is going to happen.

60% of leave voters thought we would stay in the single market. https://twitter.com/msmithsonpb/status/1053333769573294080?s=21

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Jeremy Hunt (he whose surname name should always be slightly mispronounced) was saying how the strength of the EUs negotiations was backed up by having 27 nations all lined up supportively and that (therefore) the UK should unite behind our own embattled PM. I can only assume his remarks were primarily addressed to some of those who sit next to him in Cabinet meetings.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
WE STILL DONT KNOW WHAT OUT MEANS - that’s the whole ****ing point!

Please tell me exactly what deal we’re getting if you know then? Or let me guess, you can’t.

And there lies the problem. The Brexiteers have no workable solutions that protect peace and prosperity.

The withdrawal agreement was supposed to be agreed last December (TM bragged about it then how well she was doing) and 2018 was to seal up the trade agreement. Instead, Boris and Davis fled the burning ship and we are still stuck at first base with no withdrawal agreement that will pass through parliament.

In London yesterday we saw cross party consensus, perhaps if TM has used this approach a sensible compromise to Brexit would have been found and country could have been stitched back together. Instead she got boxed into a corner by the hard right of her party

We want our country back and yes A PEOPLES VOTE!! It would be final and of course we may vote leave again, but at least this time we will know what we what the real choices are.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
It's a Club you are either in the club or out the club, there are four options

1. In the Club this involves paying club fees but for that you get all the benefits of the club.

2. Out of the club no payments no benefits.

3. Associate members for this you need to be a European country and allow free movement and some lesser payment into the club for which they receive some of the benefits of the club but have no say to rules of the club.

4. Associate member for all other Countries improved trading arrangements no free movement no payments, no say in rules of club, option not available to European countries.

If my interpretation basic as it is sums up the options and the UK Government is trying to negotiate a new option an option 5 and the EU is saying no there is no option 5 it's a club with rules there are 4 options choose one it's a club

It's a kin to following the the Albion you can have or not have a season ticket or buy tickets when available but you can not buy a season ticket for a specific seat for only specific games it's not an option!

All those leaders of the vote leave campain have now left the stage For others to sort out

The EU has been very clear all along they don't want us to leave but if we are hell bent on leaving then the options above are available.

Half the population of the U.K. Did not want to leave and many still don't 750,000 of them marched through London yesterday on a day with no trains from the south cost running.

Brexiteers and Remainers alike have been verbally at war with each other for over two years during which this bloodless civil war has raged on and shows no signs of ending any time soon.

In truth it's become an internal war within the Tory Party as everyone else is thinking you know what it really is better being in rather than out of the Club.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
If my interpretation basic as it is sums up the options and the UK Government is trying to negotiate a new option an option 5 and the EU is saying no there is no option 5 it's a club with rules there are 4 options choose one it's a club

the basic interpretation ignores the current sticking point is the withdrawal agreement, not the options on future relations. the EU want us to promise to leave a limb behind in the club in the event we cant agree to options 2, 3 or 4.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's worth pointing out the EC are still investigating the Remain campaign so there is still a chance that your very high moral horse might become a donkey.

So more corruption (if found) makes the referendum more corrupt? Great argument for saying it was valid.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
So, after this March, did we get another referendum? Another chance for the idiots to go out and vote exactly the same way.
What a waste of time.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
It’s hardly any wonder we have not been able to negotiate anything with the EU when they can see the country is tearing themselves apart over this and know they can sit back concede nothing and watch people panic. They know they can sit back watch the hysteria grow and the status quo will be maintained.

There is no way out of this that does not leave irreparable damage to our country. If a second referendum takes place and remain win what then? From what has been learnt that can arguably be the right economic outcome but do remain really think leave will all settle down and say ‘oh yes we get it now’? The reality is we then have half of the country now further disillusioned with politics and democracy and unlikely to turn out again.

There are no winners now and Cameron takes the blame for putting this country in the gutter and dividing it beyond repair

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
That's because there are a few posters on this page (on both sides) who have no real interest in the Albion.

Point proven.

More like Baldrick than Blackadder,you sad little thing.Bet you always vote for an Albion loss and ,in reality ,support Chelsea.

winner.png

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Er - official figures say it was 1,269,501. Nowhere near 2.5m.

Choice Votes %
Leave the European Union 17,410,742 51.89
Remain a member of the European Union 16,141,241 48.11

1,269,501 more than Remain.In fact twice as many as on the Sheeples March!:D

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here