Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] RIP Chas Hodges

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Saw them at several places and at Knebworth 79 supporting Led Zep. Great musician RIP

An utterly bizarre venue/occasion to see them but from memory they were very good.

As an aside, perhaps someone can explain 'You've got more Rabbit than Sainsbury's'

I have been going to various Sainsbury's since 1980 and they have never had ANY game of any description hanging up!

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Always put off going to see them, now not possible. Gutted

R.I.P Chas
you won't stop talking, why don't you give it a rest, tou got more rabbit than sainsburys
Sorry pissed

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Chas, you have left a timeless legacy.

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
Typical class from BHAFC to play a tune at half time for the Tottenham fans benefit.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
R.I.P Chas

Recently did an album of rock’n’roll and early skiffle on Western Star a psychobilly/ Neo Rockabilly record label run by Alan (Sharks an early psychobilly band) a friend of mine.

[yt]RuITfqlreaU[/yt]

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Typical class from BHAFC to play a tune at half time for the Tottenham fans benefit.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

There ain’t no pleasing you was played at HT. Spurs fans love it and seemed genuinely grateful to the Albion.

Class as always

N17

Jun 21, 2011
There ain’t no pleasing you was played at HT. Spurs fans love it and seemed genuinely grateful to the Albion.

Class as always

Fantastic gesture. Was really appreciated by us. Hence the round of applause.

Great choice of song as well.

Class act.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
Utter class of Brighton and Hove Albion FC to play this at half time at The Amex earlier:

Jul 7, 2003
And getting 100 000 people to shout b*llocks in unison. RIP Chas.

Chas & Dave supported Status Quo on their penultimate End of the Road gig at Selhurst Park in 1984 and did the same thing.

Some great musicians on the bill that day - Phil Lynott's Grand Slam, Dave Edmunds, Chas 'n Dave, Little Steven & Band were the four support acts. Chas & Dave were not at all out of place in that company.

Chas & Dave supported Status Quo on their penultimate End of the Road gig at Selhurst Park in 1984 and did the same thing.

Some great musicians on the bill that day - Phil Lynott's Grand Slam, Dave Edmunds, Chas 'n Dave, Little Steven & Band were the four support acts. Chas & Dave were not at all out of place in that company.

Great minds think alike - was just about to post something similar - in the back of mind I was sure I had seen them live and Googling the Quo gig confirmed that indeed I had. Remember Little Stephen getting a very poor reception for his set and he was not a happy bunny. Sad to see Phil Lynott with a mediocre band playing mediocre songs - pleased that I saw him with Lizzy and can remember what a great front man he was - nearly up there with Little Stephen's Boss!

Recall nothing memorable about C & D's performance but on reading all the tributes, and memories from Dave, they really had "been there and done that" with many music legends and had given a good many people a fun time with their shows. And I can say I have been on the pitch at Selhurst Park for several hours!

bobbab5

Sep 5, 2003
Ely, Cambs.
Saw them at Sonisphere back in '14, that was also at Knebworth.
The fact that they were so different to all the other bands on the bill, and everyone loved them, says a lot. RIP

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here