Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
My vote is to send Jez into ISIS territory to "negotiate" with them as he reckons we should.

He would very soon be appearing in their propaganda videos wearing an orange jump suit and minus his bonce.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Who is really in charge at Labour?

The JEWS they are behind EVERTHING. They're making all this up so that Corbyn is forced to LOVE Zionism and demands the compulsory annexation of Egypt by ISRAEL.

Biscuit Barrel

Jan 28, 2014
Southwick
Veteran Labour MP Frank Field has quit the party's group in Parliament, saying the leadership is becoming "a force for anti-Semitism in British politics".

The Birkenhead MP also blamed a "culture of intolerance, nastiness and intimidation" in local parties.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-45359009

Things are not getting any better for Jeremy Corbyn. I have to say I do not really understand all this anti-semitisim in the Labour party. All of the Labour top brass say there is not an issue with anti-semitism in the party, yet there seems to be more and more claims of anti-semitisim.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Veteran Labour MP Frank Field has quit the party's group in Parliament, saying the leadership is becoming "a force for anti-Semitism in British politics".

The Birkenhead MP also blamed a "culture of intolerance, nastiness and intimidation" in local parties.

Things are not getting any better for Jeremy Corbyn. I have to say I do not really understand all this anti-semitisim in the Labour party. All of the Labour top brass say there is not an issue with anti-semitism in the party, yet there seems to be more and more claims of anti-semitisim.
[MENTION=1416]Ernest[/MENTION] will be along soon to call Field a traitor....

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials

I think some people are purposely conflating and confusing a pro-Palestine, anti-Israel stance with anti-semitism, but because Corbyn and his cronies are so obstinate (if you're being kind, insensitive/downright thick if you're not), Labour have allowed it to blow up out of all proportion. They need to apologise and sort it.

borat

Jul 16, 2003

He lost a confidence vote and was going to be deselected anyway. He's been talking about standing as an independent for years - this is a convenient way out for him without losing face.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
He lost a confidence vote and was going to be deselected anyway. He's been talking about standing as an independent for years - this is a convenient way out for him without losing face.

borat,should F/F stand again don't be surprised to see him win. Confidence vote in what what a upstairs meeting room ? Deselected by who ? Those same people ? Maybe the people of Birkenhead will see it differently ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I saw him at my place of work recently and he looked quite ill.

That said, he's a fierce independent inscrutible and honourable man and his 'deselection' if true is a disgrace.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think some people are purposely conflating and confusing a pro-Palestine, anti-Israel stance with anti-semitism, but because Corbyn and his cronies are so obstinate (if you're being kind, insensitive/downright thick if you're not), Labour have allowed it to blow up out of all proportion. They need to apologise and sort it.

I agree. But there has also been crass actual antisemitism also. If Corbyn can't sort out accusations of antisemitism in his party how the actual **** does anyone imagine he could navigate his way through running a whole country? Among all his failings, dithering is his worst. He has an extraordinary ability to offer no leadership - and disappear, like a batty uncle who is always down the allotment oiling his shears when he's needed at home to put up a shelf.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
I saw him at my place of work recently and he looked quite ill.

That said, he's a fierce independent inscrutible and honourable man and his 'deselection' if true is a disgrace.

What a stupid person you are, he voted for the Tories so failed a vote of confidence at this local party so what do you think he should get ? A pat on the back ???

Put me back on ignore you TROLL

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
in denial.

Just chatting with Mrs T (who sits on my left when we watch Dr Who, if you get my drift). Some of her chums are 'disappointing her' with their 'don't criticise Jeremy' mantra. In denial - yes. Like the good Germans who refused to believe that Hitler was a bit disfavourable towards certain types (who of course 'bring it on themselves').

Collective political suicide. And deserved. No wonder Mrs May looks so relaxed, despite her omnishamble cluster****.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think some people are purposely conflating and confusing a pro-Palestine, anti-Israel stance with anti-semitism, but because Corbyn and his cronies are so obstinate (if you're being kind, insensitive/downright thick if you're not), Labour have allowed it to blow up out of all proportion.
Spot on..............so far!

They need to apologise and sort it.
So just who are these 'They' who need to apologise? People in the Labour Party who are critical of Israel's policies and Zionism, or those who are conflating that as anti-semitism? And as for sorting it out - who? Do you mean those who confuse anti Zionism with anti-Semitism to make some sort of point - whatever it is - or Corbyn (as if he can sort anything anyway) for being labelled anti-Semitic when in all probability he isn't?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I answered this interpretation in post 3305 with some actual examples.
Sure there will be some people doing as you say and I do not agree with Rabbi Sachs' comments this week about Corbyn in 2013. However, there is also unaddressed anti scemitism in the Labour Party and people should not dismiss the subject by hiding behind Israel/Palestine (not saying you are doing so).

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
He's always been a lone maverick Frank Field and I'm sure he'll stand as independent at the next election. To enrage both the centrists and left of the Labour Party over recent voting siding with the Government and facing deselection - he knew the game was up.

The constant, careless, throw away anti-Semitic remarks that cause such great offence that keep on emerging from the past - like people who compare 'a leading member of the Jewish community applying Nazi attitudes towards the poor' - it's appalling and Frank Field is quite right and principled to resign the................oh no hang on that's what he said about Lord Joesph in 1974.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Just chatting with Mrs T (who sits on my left when we watch Dr Who, if you get my drift). Some of her chums are 'disappointing her' with their 'don't criticise Jeremy' mantra. In denial - yes. Like the good Germans who refused to believe that Hitler was a bit disfavourable towards certain types (who of course 'bring it on themselves').

Collective political suicide. And deserved. No wonder Mrs May looks so relaxed, despite her omnishamble cluster****.

Some are in denial because they cannot ever accept that the Labour Party could harbour racists.
Others are in denial because they are racists.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Spot on..............so far!

So just who are these 'They' who need to apologise? People in the Labour Party who are critical of Israel's policies and Zionism, or those who are conflating that as anti-semitism? And as for sorting it out - who? Do you mean those who confuse anti Zionism with anti-Semitism to make some sort of point - whatever it is - or Corbyn (as if he can sort anything anyway) for being labelled anti-Semitic when in all probability he isn't?

Corbyn and his inner circle. Party politics is all about perception so whether or not Corbyn has anything to apologise for himself hardly matters any more. Many people seem to think he has said something for which he needs to apologise and therefore he has. Then someone - Seumas Milne, for example, in the absence of Malcolm Tucker - needs to take a pro-active approach to limiting any further damage. That could include ferreting through the records to see who might have any other embarrassing utterances, photographs or visits to foreign cemeteries waiting to be discovered by the Daily Mail. A big job, but if they're serious, it will have to be done.

Or they could just keep on arguing the point, but I think that in the public mind the argument is already lost.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here